Home

After 4 months of playing this game...

This is a discussion on After 4 months of playing this game... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2003, 01:56 PM   #1
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
After 4 months of playing this game...

I finally discovered that "fast" gamespeed is so much better that regular. I was watching Primetime after week 17 and I noticed how much more fluid the players were moving, so I thought I would try bumping up to fast and see if it would make a difference. I had conceded the fact that the gameplay was a little sluggish, and I was living with this. I was starting to teeter on being bored until this dicovery. I also noticed that the faster gamespeed covers up some of the minor graphical glitches. Man, its like having a new game all over, I love it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2003, 09:40 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: After 4 months of playing this game...

I agree, after playing 13 weeks of ESPN I started to get bored. I said to myself, I wish these guys would move a little faster. Then after setting it to fast. The game is more exciting and is a joy to play (until my franchise locked up)
Old 12-31-2003, 02:46 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

whoa thats interesting. I switched to slow and the game just became the "ULTIMATE". Except for how damn slow the ball moves in the air. U guys are playing on fast???? isnt that a little ridiculous as far as realism?>?>? What kind of cereal do you all eat???
Old 12-31-2003, 03:29 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I played one game on slow with 15 minute quarters with my sliders and the score was 24-22. Something about the game on slow settings that just feels more natural. I think it helps make the animations look smoother especially the running animations.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:28 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 17

I actually thought i was the only one that also enjoyed the slow setting too.... find slow to be more fluid and lifelike as well BUT even more importantly, I find the game is much more playable at this speed as well because now you have time to read and react to the play and the action more strategically rather than it being all reflex at the higher speeds........What I would love to see is actually a SLIDER that allowed you to raise or lower the speed in increments rather than just the FAST, NORMAL and SLOW settings.....I feel i would have placed the slider somewhere between slow and Normal to find my comfortable setting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2003, 05:33 PM   #6
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

<---Plays 15 minute quarter, slow speed...
Old 12-31-2003, 06:07 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

I've always thought the normal spped setting was the best to play and that fast was just too much in previous years. However, people on this board said fast was the best way to go and that's how I played as soon as I got the game. When you get used to it (maybe 5 games), the game is much more enjoyable IMO. Like someone else said some of the flaws are covered and it makes for a great game.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:29 PM   #8
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Hammerhunker said:
I finally discovered that "fast" gamespeed is so much better that regular. I was watching Primetime after week 17 and I noticed how much more fluid the players were moving, so I thought I would try bumping up to fast and see if it would make a difference. I had conceded the fact that the gameplay was a little sluggish, and I was living with this. I was starting to teeter on being bored until this dicovery. I also noticed that the faster gamespeed covers up some of the minor graphical glitches. Man, its like having a new game all over, I love it.

I've been playing the game on fast since September....its the only way for true realism IMO. 10 minute qtrs all-rpo settings with minor adjustements...good stuff IMO.

I play FPF on normal speed though but might move up to fast later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »