Home

lob deep passes?

This is a discussion on lob deep passes? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2004, 06:31 PM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
lob deep passes?

i just donīt like how i throw a pass of 20 yds and the qb throw a bullet instead of lob the pass 10 yds in front of the WR to go for it. Do i need to use the Maxium pass to lead the pass, or what?.-

I donīt hold the Button, just tap it, but still, the pass seems like a bullet pass instead.

Like the one on Madden were u throw a bullet of 20 yds instead of a Lob to the 30 or 35 to lead the reciver.

i can do this on espn or is just this way the passing system?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2004, 06:41 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: lob deep passes?

Use Maximum Passing first of all. I have the same problem, but I praticed a bit with it and learned to tap the button better and also push forward on the controller right after I pass to lead the reciever a bit (you need maximum passing enabled for this of course). It is much easier to do in Madden, but with pratice can be done in ESPN.

I think one major hurdle for ESPN to get over so it can be popular with the masses is to make the controls tighter and smoother like Madden. Lobs should be easy to throw, just hard to complete, not vice versa.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:38 PM   #3
*t's g*nn* b* L*g*nd*ry

jmw1137's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

mark1726 said:
Use Maximum Passing first of all. I have the same problem, but I praticed a bit with it and learned to tap the button better and also push forward on the controller right after I pass to lead the reciever a bit (you need maximum passing enabled for this of course). It is much easier to do in Madden, but with pratice can be done in ESPN.

I think one major hurdle for ESPN to get over so it can be popular with the masses is to make the controls tighter and smoother like Madden. Lobs should be easy to throw, just hard to complete, not vice versa.

I never, ever use maximum passing and I found it to be much better without it. I usually throw for over 400 yards a game without it. Personally, lobs are harder to throw but if you time it right you can complete it.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:28 PM   #4
MVP

booker21's Arena

iīm not having problem passing the ball, i just want to be able to throw that kind of passes.

What u mean that after time u get to learn to pass those? i mean..there is no trick on it...i just want to tap the ball and lob the pass instead of throw a bullet, i donīt see any science on that?...
If i need to lead the pass, ok, iīll try that, but beside that i just donīt see what else u can do to make it work.

it work or it doesnīt.....
Old 01-01-2004, 11:47 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

Gee, I thought that people complained that the passes were too FLOATY even if you held onto the button.

I'm not sure what's wrong, I've never heard of your case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2004, 01:39 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 17

I certainly agree that the game needs to make some adjustments next year to improve upon the lop pass.....its just requires way too sensative a touch to perform. Most passes will be linear bullets downfield.

Hopefully VC will concentrate most of their efforts on next years game with improving on the pass physics....and create a more diverse deep ball look and attack by the cpu that resembles NFL games and finally smoothen out the sharp stilted diagonal direction cuts that players make which gives the game a very 8 way control look and feel

Also they need to work a bit on the breakaway running and kicking into high gear animations
Old 01-02-2004, 04:16 PM   #7
MVP

booker21's Arena

Geezzzzz,,,the PASSES ARE FLOATY!!...just throw a Slant in the middl eof the fueld for 5 yds and it will take a lifetime to get it. But that donīt meant it canīt be lob.

i can throw a LOB pass and i can throw a Bullet pass wich is float.

it can be floaty and bullet.....what i want it to throw a LOB pass...for sure it will be a floaty pass....coz that is the way ESPN does it, but that donīt mean i canīt throw a DEEP LOB PASS.-

2 differents things here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »