Home

super bowl question??

This is a discussion on super bowl question?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2004, 12:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 11
super bowl question??

i just one the super bowl with the dolphins in my first year, i have a profile for the crib mode but i got to unlock nothing for winning the super bowl. and in the milestones "winning the superbowl" is still "locked". i know i played with the custom sliders, does that have anything to do with it??? and i thought the trophy would be in the trophy case in the crib mode??? any help would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2004, 03:41 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: super bowl question??

When you play with custom sliders you cannot unlock items in you crib.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:18 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

I play with default sliders but with 7 minute quarters instead of 5.. That also prevents you from winning any primetime (ie: super bowl) or single game trophies.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:54 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 11

wow that sucks but thanks for the help
Old 01-09-2004, 03:57 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Hey oki!

Congratulations on winning your Super Bowl! Did you enjoy the post game celebrations? I wish there was even more though. Anyway, to help you out, the only way you can get your Vince Lombardi Trophy is to play 5 minute quarters, straight Pro Level with no slider adjustments. I know this is really stupid but what can we do? If you want the trophy, you have to play it like this.

Now, I have devised a little 'scheme' to get your trophy, AND play the Super Bowl on your selected difficulty level. I have advanced to about 2 clicks below All-Pro level. I am in Franchise Mode. I only boost up the difficulty when I have played a legitimate season, playoffs and win the Super Bowl. My regular season I play five minute quarters. The playoffs, ten minute quarters. And my Super Bowl, 15 minute quarters. If I win the Super Bowl, I watch my post game show and revel in the victory. I now KNOW that I earned the right to boost up the difficulty to the next level. I then QUIT the game without saving it. Now I reload my Franchise, reset my difficulty to straight PRO level (Which is very easy if you are playing it at a higher difficulty level.) and leave my sliders alone. I then play the required 5-minute quarter game, win it, and THEN save my Franchise. This gets me the trophy that I know I already earned at the higher difficulty. Yes, you do get to see it in your trophy case in the Crib.

There. You now have legitimately won the Super Bowl at your desired level, AND you have a trophy to show for it.

Hopefully Sega will fix this annoying little bug and let you attain a trophy on ANY difficulty setting you wish.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »