Home

Your highest ranking?

This is a discussion on Your highest ranking? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2004, 07:50 PM   #17
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Your highest ranking?

Everyone wants to be the Raiders online, there's another problem with online. I can't wait to be the Raiders next year, that'll rock.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:06 PM   #18
*t's g*nn* b* L*g*nd*ry

jmw1137's Arena

OVR: 10

WOW....now I know what some people have been talking about! I just played Quotable V Dawg....who was ranked 15 before we played. First, he spent about 4:30 before the coin flip to make changes to his team (cowboys). Then, he kept running the same play over, and over and over...he literally ran a sweep every single play.

To make a long, long story short I made some good plays and started winning (despite the fact that he was going for 2 every TD while I was going for field goals). He started to get mad and subbed in Stoerner as his kicker...I recovered all those kicks and ended up winning. It was the hardest game I've ever played...and I wanted to win it more than anything because he was such a cheeser and idiot. After that game, I turned off the box and didn't feel like playing anymore...it really ruined the fun in it for me!

Fetter: I actually think most want to be the Dolphins. I am only the Raiders because Gannon, Rice & Janikowski. If another team had an awesome QB, awesome receiver & awesome kicker I would try them out. It will be interesting to see how they are rated in '05 though!
Old 01-07-2004, 09:35 PM   #19
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

jmw1137 said:
Fetter: I actually think most want to be the Dolphins. I am only the Raiders because Gannon, Rice & Janikowski. If another team had an awesome QB, awesome receiver & awesome kicker I would try them out. It will be interesting to see how they are rated in '05 though!

Yeah, that could be true. But as far as why you're the Raiders, that's my point exactly. You have no love for the team you just wanna play with them because they're good. But I guess most people go that way, I've always had more respect for those people who play with their favorite team.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:43 PM   #20
*t's g*nn* b* L*g*nd*ry

jmw1137's Arena

OVR: 10

To be 100%, I could really care less about football...I hated the Bears growing up in Chicago...I've kinda started cheering for the Cowboys since moving here....but the only team I ever really 'loved' was the Lions...but that love has slowly dwindled since Barry retired.

For the last 4-5 years, I have always played with either the 49ers or Raiders, so I've at least been somewhat consistent!

I do see your point though and agree with you on it...esp. with all the people who are the Dolphins or Titans just to have the unstoppable RBs.
Old 01-08-2004, 03:19 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

I have no problem with people who play with teams they really don't care for.. I just think it's annoying when people play with a team they don't care for just because they're good.. I mean, anyone can win with the Dolphins, Raiders, Titans, Bucs, etc.. I like the cowgirls personally, but they're horrible, so I decided to pick a team that's second tier. Good, but not too good, the Saints. 83 overall puts them around the halfway point or maybe a little lower.. and hey, it's always that much more fun to come away with a W against someone running with the Eagles.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »