Home

NFL2k4: Punt Recover

This is a discussion on NFL2k4: Punt Recover within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2004, 10:51 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
NFL2k4: Punt Recover

OK, you guys won't believe this. My beloved Broncos were playing the Rams. I was on their 39 yard line and it was about 4th and 7. My kicker does not have the power to kick a field goal. I am protecting a 3 point lead. I decide to punt in the middle of the field because I got smoked kicking to the side of the field the last time. I kick it low and hard to try and get a bounce so my guys can get under it and down it. Here's the snap, the ball is punted and it tips the fingers of the defenders making it a live ball! The ball goes right through their hands and my guys dart towards it, recovering beyond the 7 yards I needed for the first down! I have never seen something like this in any NFL game! Good stuff huh guys?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2004, 02:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NFL2k4: Punt Recover

It happens ALL the time for me, so i dont do it cuz its cheap. If you punt the ball low and hard the returner muffs it about 50% of the time and all you have to do is hit him while hes bobbling it and you get the ball pretty much.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:26 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Online one time the other player was punting and he kicked it really low, I got in, blocked it, and his bitch *** picked it up and took it for a touchdown.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:24 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Haha if anybody has ever played 2K2 (at least for the PS2 version), and if you go cheap sometimes and just turn offsides off and just run to their side before the ball is snapped and tackle the RB on a running play or the Kicker on a Field Goal or PAT, then the QB will just simply run up the middle, and I'm telling you he's IMPOSSIBLE to tackle. They'll almost no matter what get a touchdown. I'm serious, try this, it's the funniest yet weirdest thing ever. It's like they know that you cheated so you get penalized.

Yeah, I surely have blocked punts before and returned them for touchdowns, but I've never been blocked where I recover it and return it.

Does anybody ever have problems with onside kicks, where you kick it, and they carelessly return them for touchdowns?
Old 01-14-2004, 12:52 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
OK, you guys won't believe this. My beloved Broncos were playing the Rams. I was on their 39 yard line and it was about 4th and 7. My kicker does not have the power to kick a field goal. I am protecting a 3 point lead. I decide to punt in the middle of the field because I got smoked kicking to the side of the field the last time. I kick it low and hard to try and get a bounce so my guys can get under it and down it. Here's the snap, the ball is punted and it tips the fingers of the defenders making it a live ball! The ball goes right through their hands and my guys dart towards it, recovering beyond the 7 yards I needed for the first down! I have never seen something like this in any NFL game! Good stuff huh guys?

I had the same thing happen to me too during my super bowl run against the Dolphins and scored the game's only touchdowns.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »