Home

NFL2k5 really best football game?

This is a discussion on NFL2k5 really best football game? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #33
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NFL2k5 really best football game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taochi72
with all the knowledge learned in trying to solve this game, i returned to madden, made few tweaks, and God!!!!! Every game is a challenge, NO DUMB CPU QB, NO INEXISTENT PUNT AND KICK RETURN, NO UNREAL PASS RUSH, YOU CAN MADE SCREEN PASS TO RUNNING BACK...........I HAVE TO GO ON?
Very good statistics (%, passing, running, sack, interception........)

I've tried EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING, and everyone really know what i'm talking about, the problems of NFL 2k are there, OBJECTIVES. I don't know what everyone seeks in a a game, i want a CHALLENGE and a game more realistic.

Sorry, but....bye bye NFL 2K
Challenge!?!?!? And you're playing Madden!?!?!?!? So how much drugs do you take on a daily basis?
Old 12-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #34
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Normally I don't respond to really poorly-worded posts, but since I already did above, he goes an attempt to help.

"Every game is a challenge, NO DUMB CPU QB - He will be as dumb as the roster allows him to be. Give him a good line to hide behind and he will show you who is dumb.

NO INEXISTENT PUNT AND KICK RETURN- You simply have not played enough games to get the right return for either you (try spinning from the first guy) or the cpu (he'll get you eventually).

NO UNREAL PASS RUSH- Simple fix between the d-line and the o-line. I posted a chart a while back that I use on my rosters that allow few sacks. Augment that with an offensive line with good strength, agility, blocking and consistancy and you should see better results

YOU CAN MADE SCREEN PASS TO RUNNING BACK- Agreed, at least until you simply change the HB route to an out or flat route and then he'll catch them and even receive some blocking. Really easy audible, but I can understand not knowing that one if you just started.

I HAVE TO GO ON?
No. The way you feel about this game is the way I feel about the other game and that is okay.

But since you did...
Very good statistics (%, passing, running, sack, interception........)

Yes, I get good stats from 2k5. I will eventually be uploading my complete season that I am playing. You see the stats are, for the most part, quite appropriate.

I feel like the roster you played probably just didn't have the right edits to make things run the way you'd like to see them.

Have fun!
Old 12-25-2013, 06:26 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Here we go, antohers stupid genius...Steelers!!!!!

Quote:
Normally I don't respond to really poorly-worded posts
Why you respond??????
Specially because you read NOTHING of all i wrote in this 3rd.
But, hey, the key is very few are really good at play football game, very few wants a very difficult/real challenge. So every game can be funny. "NFL2k5 can be funny, and for sure YOU CAN WIN VERY EASY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #36
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

OVR: 10

Can someone please just close this thread...

It's like watching the Bills and Browns play - just pointless.

RIP J.J.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:15 AM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter55
Can someone please just close this thread...

It's like watching the Bills and Browns play - just pointless.
Totally agree, genius
Old 12-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #38
Rookie

ChirpyMango01's Arena

If you think the thread should be closed, why did you post in the first place?!
Old 12-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #39
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

First, to answer the OP, NO.

Its seems people want to compare a tweaked version of an old game (NFL 2K5) that fits their playstyle to un un-tweaked version that didn't (Madden). That's Apples and Oranges.

Madden 25 is better out of the box than 2K5 ever was, but 2K5 gave me a better "feeling" on purchase than any feeling than Madden has given me since, because everything about it was unexpected from the price at launch to the graphics to the game play, to the online play against others. With that said, the game is dated, period, like College Hoops 2k8.

NFL 2K5/APF 2K8 are both still fun from a nostalgic sense or a fanboy sense, but the real technical comparison (features, gameplay, graphics etc.) cannot be made. The CPU Madden 25 was built to run on is much more powerful now (1.75 GHz AMD x86-64 eight-core CPU vs. 733 MHz x86 Intel Celeron/Pentium III Custom Hybrid CPU) and calculates far more on each play, to determine various outcomes.

As an opinion, this gen Madden is the best D I have seen yet on any football game. It requires more planning and execution than joystick skills, is highly customizable, is integrated with peripherals (smart glass), runs faster, and is in HD. The running game in Madden 25 is much better than 2k5/2k8, even better compared to last gen Madden 25. CPU passing may seem too efficient in Madden 25, but I believe that is related more to defensive play styles by human players than CPU skill alone(calling the right plays at the right time and getting the right results).

There is a lot more suspect gameplay in 2k5 (it is old), thus the extensive tweaking the community has posted to make it and keep it enjoyable to fans who refuse to play Madden of any kind. The same can be true for Madden, except the tweaking is better and more specific in and out of game than 2K5.

I will concede that Madden/EA should take notes from the NFL 2K5 halftime show (they did a good ESPN integration in NBA LIVE 14) IMO, but all things considered, I have/had fun playing both, while maintaining that Next Gen Madden 25 is more robust all around than NFL 2K5 ever was.
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 12-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #40

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
And finally a clarification (i tought was obvious ): I play a game with rosters updated, i'm not interested to play with "world wars era teams".
And that's all
Quote:
I think you are prick
I think no one constrains you to read and write on this 3rd, especially because YOU don't play this game
And the best parts is that you and Chibears, another wo doesn't play this game, come here to......bla bla bla........and REALLY NO SOLUTION.
Gill probably has more experience than everybody, he tries everything for years, I TRIED EVERYTHING FOR FEW MONTHS.
And the problems, THE REAL PROPLEMS (not....ohh, the animations....ohHH.. there is no half time in Madden....) ARE THERE.
So, like i said, there is no reason to play an old game that has so big GAMEPLAY problems, where there is no challenge vs cpu. So i don't play it anymore.
So

No one forced to come to this 3rd....i think THIS is most logical than you last sentence
Bye bye
Quote:
Totally agree, genius
I'm closing this since the OP is now banned for trolling and clearly didn't want to have a discussion on this at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »