Home

If they actually promoted this game

This is a discussion on If they actually promoted this game within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2004, 04:13 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
If they actually promoted this game

It would sell A LOT more. I'm sitting here playing ESPN and it's just a great game that wasn't promoted right. I've been a Madden fan for the longest and this year i can say ESPN was better. I've had frieds come over and play ESPN and they were shocked at how good the game was because they think Madden is the only game on the market. Madden sold 2 million BEFORE ESPN even came out! Hopefully they will release their game BEFORE Madden 2005. They had 2 commercials while Madden had at least 10. EA bought a 30 minute slot on MTV to show off the game to gamers all over and right after the show i get 10 phone calls "Madden looks off the hook" and i say to myself what if Sega did this? The most gangsta thing EA did was say "u bought the ESPN license we're gonna buy the NFL matchup on ESPN" they use the Madden game to demostrate the real games and that was funny as hell. The goal is not to outsell Madden this year but to at least sell more than you sold last year so the games can be better. If Sega games sold better and they had a bigger budget people would say EA who?

Tell a friend to tell a friend to buy ESPN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2004, 12:06 PM   #2
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: If they actually promoted this game

Are you sure that EA paid for that spot on MTV and it wasn't just a show that they did?
Old 02-05-2004, 06:38 PM   #3
Pro

EA promotes all of their games on MTV with the making the game special.I have yet to see a non EA game on MTV so i would think they made some kind of deal.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Tho I agree with you on the lack of promotion theres no way Sega can out promote the Ea promotion machine there just isn't the money there to do so. I think thats one of the major reasons that Vc's/Sega's offereings get missed but alot of people just are'nt open to try a different game if the game they've been playing year after is on par with there expectations which may be the biggest problem that Sega/Vc has as the sim crowd is greratly out numbered by the casual gamer.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:04 PM   #5
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

PrimeTime21 said:
EA promotes all of their games on MTV with the making the game special.I have yet to see a non EA game on MTV so i would think they made some kind of deal.

I think MTV does it because gaming has become a part of our culture, and the only sports gaming company the common person knows is EA so that's what they wanna see the making of, would you wanna see the making of a 989 game? That's probably what most people would think of the making of a Sega Sports game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2004, 12:50 PM   #6
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

Fetter21 said:
Quote:

PrimeTime21 said:

I think MTV does it because gaming has become a part of our culture, and the only sports gaming company the common person knows is EA so that's what they wanna see the making of, would you wanna see the making of a 989 game? That's probably what most people would think of the making of a Sega Sports game.

Actually, a show on the making of a 989 title might be good for a few laughs...
Old 02-06-2004, 02:18 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:

Fetter21 said:
Quote:

PrimeTime21 said:

Im not talking just EA sports MTV shows ALL EA games even the adventure ones that SUCK! If they wanted to show REAL games they would show the making of Metal Gear Solid or Halo 2.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:08 AM   #8
Rookie

uncleray's Arena

OVR: 2

I think yhe biggest blow was Madden on ESPN NFL Matchup, what a marketing blunder.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »