Home

My best football gaming moment EVER happened last night in FPF!

This is a discussion on My best football gaming moment EVER happened last night in FPF! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2004, 02:19 PM   #1
Rookie

GaryM05's Arena

OVR: 2
My best football gaming moment EVER happened last night in FPF!

I've got to post about the most unbelievable football gaming experience I've ever had.

I've recently started getting into FPF mode in NFL2K4, and I have to say that it blows away the god's-eye mode that I've been using in console football for years. After seeing several posts on OS talking about what a great mode it is, I decided to give it a shot. I had tried it briefly when the game first came out, but I dismissed it as a gimmick. No more.

I'm playing a Packers dynasty, and game 2 of the '03 season has Detroit visiting Lambeau. It's a rainy, windy game; characterized by lightning flashes, pouring rain, and stadium lights obscured & diffused by the rain. The Pack and the Lions trade punts all game long. By the middle of the fourth quarter, we've each managed to score a field goal and a touchdown. It's 10-10 with about 2:20 left in the fourth. Green Bay is driving from their 30, and start with a good middle run by the tailback, followed by a weak-side toss to the fullback from a split formation (Ahman Green had been tearing it up the whole game, and the Lions were starting to key on him more heavily.) The 2-minute warning has Green Bay on their 45.

A risky pass up the middle to the tight end during a blitz by both OLBs gets Green Bay to the Lions' 37. 3 rushing plays move the ball about 3 more yards and have the ball locked on the right hash mark.

It's 4th-and-7 with a tie score and a little more than a minute to go in the game. Longwell comes in to attempt a 51-yard field goal. The rain is coming down, lightning is flashing in the sky and is visible through the spectator tunnels in the stadium behind the end zone. There’s a 9mph cross-wind, and I’m on the field in first-person mode trying to make out the goal posts through the rain.

I get the arrow locked at the proper angle (I think, although it’s hard to tell with the angle in FPF mode.) The kick meter comes up, and I get max power. The ball is snapped, and the kick is away! 15 yards downrange, I can barely see it through the downpour, but it looks good. The wind catches it, and starts moving it left. It’s now moving left and falling rapidly. A few seconds later, I have no idea if it went through. It felt good, but I'm not sure if it made it. I peer through the rain to try and see the refs...and they’re giving the arms-up!

Green Bay wins 13 to 10. I’m hooked on FPF. I don’t think I’ll be able to play any other way. If EA’s NCAA doesn’t have FP mode next year, I might not even buy it.

Sorry for the long post, but I had to post this up here to share the moment.

Gary
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2004, 03:25 PM   #2
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: My best football gaming moment EVER happened last night in FPF!

That was awesome

I'm another FPF enthuisiast and I've had too many great moments to mention. Its a seriously cool mode of gameplay and I expect it'll be even better next year. I also don't see myself going back to god mode for awhile...at least until nfl2k5 comes out.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

FPF really brings you closer to the game, and brings more emotion to go with it. Congrats on the win!

I must tell you something though. I would choose to play real life football outside (even during the winter with a foot of snow) over a video game anyday. So don't get so caught up in playing in first-person you forget about real life. But, if you can't play outside, FPF is the next best thing!!!
Old 02-07-2004, 04:39 PM   #4
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

cant wait for NFL 2k5 just imagine that it will be better than this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »