Home

NFL2k4: Non-Online LAG?

This is a discussion on NFL2k4: Non-Online LAG? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2004, 11:31 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
NFL2k4: Non-Online LAG?

I have a question for you guys. Have you noticed times in the game where the action slows down for a second or two, preventing you from reaching an opponent to tackle him, or even to jump in the air to pick off a pass? This is something that I don't remember in any of the previous NFL2ks. I wonder why it is in this game now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2004, 08:54 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NFL2k4: Non-Online LAG?

I have played ESPN NFL X-Box online maybe 6-7 times and I bought the game on Day 1... anyways, I have not encountered LAG at all...

Last week, a buddy of mine finally got online with X-Box Live, so we played Top Spin Tennis which was disgustingly slow and lagged and it disconnected during 2 games...

Anyways, we both threw in ESPN NFL and it was smooth as butter... we both commented how sweet online play was with Sega Sports ESPN...
Old 02-19-2004, 03:20 PM   #3
Banned

Hey Boj,

You did not pay attention to my post. I said 'NON-online lag'. Meaning NOT playing online in a Franchise game. All I'm doing is playing against the computer AI.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:29 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yes, I have experienced this a couple of times, not online, playing in franchise mode on PS2. The only similarity that I saw between the two games is that it was raining heavily in both of them. I don't know if that is the cause, but it was definitely annoying. It didn't occur on every play, and it seemed to be triggered by my zooming out to look at the formation/play call while at the line of scrimmage. The entire play after that would run "slow". Let me know if that is what you experienced. It was definitely frustrating.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:14 PM   #5
Banned

On my end, there is no link between the weather and when the lag occurs. It is only linked to when my man is making contact with someone who has the ball. (My offense getting tackled by the AI defense, or my defense attempting a tackle on the AI offense.) It also does not happen every time, or for the entire play. It is just that brief 3 or 4 seconds right before the play will be over. It does happen at least one time per game though. Strange that not too many other gamers have chimed in on this one. Unless you and I happen to have defective disks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2004, 12:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

It could very well be defective disks. That's a pretty good explanation, I would think. I've just noticed this recently, after 75+ hours of playtime. I've played lots of "rain" games, so it's almost like a recent development. I've looked at the disk and don't see any scratches, smudges, etc, but who knows? It certainly doesn't happen for me every game, but when it does, it lasts for the entire play, until the cut scenes start or the playcalling screens come up. Since no one else has mentioned this, I guess we're just lucky, right??
Old 02-23-2004, 04:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Oops! My eyes must have been playing games on me...

If you have PS2... that is your answer... PEACE...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »