Home

Wish List for items you wish not to be changed for 2K5

This is a discussion on Wish List for items you wish not to be changed for 2K5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2004, 09:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Wish List for items you wish not to be changed for 2K5

This is a thread to inform the developers of things we wish to remain in the game. I read the wish list for new and improved items and believe we need to address the items that should not be changed. I believe this need to be done so the developers can see we appreciate the unmentioned items and not to change things that we like. Please post your likes not dislike. And please do not bash another person due to his or her likes.

Here is the items I wish remain in the game:

* Player model Graphics

* Stadium graphics such as the sun lighting on the field, clouds moving over the field, the blimp moving over the field. Great field color and realism

* The amazing animations: The spin move, stiff arm, shoulder charge (basically the entire moves performed by the right analog stick). The right analog stick is like freestyle options. Player animations such as a defender, while on the ground, following the offensive player as he passes by. The defensive player actually turns his head to following the offensive player. After the play animation! These little animations make the game real.

* ESPN presentation with the great play by play commentary

* In the game replays for penalties and great plays are awesome.

As I play more and I will remember more items and list later.

Please provide your game items you wish to remain for 2K5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2004, 02:47 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Wish List for items you wish not to be changed for 2K5

to tell u truth i don't know what i want to keep,but knowing what i don't means evrythings else should stay......so i don't want

the force field that initiates contact...u know how u go into the scary, mutt i'm tackled animation exactly a second before the tackler even touches you..it bothers alot

every quarter end of every game shouldn't show the cheerleader show...
Old 02-16-2004, 05:50 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

Hey Donf

Hmmm. This is an interesting post. A hard one to respond to. Especially since I am always thinking of ways to improve a game, and not just keep it the same. I will give it a shot though. Let's call this the 'KEEP-BUT' list!

• KEEP Dan and Peter's voice talents BUT give them all new and even more commentary.

• KEEP the cut scenes throughout the game BUT give us about three or four times as many and varied.

• KEEP Chris Berman's halftime update BUT have it illustrate a few key plays to the game in a replay and telestrator type mode, instead of the simple snapshots.

• KEEP the ability to RIP soundtracks to the game BUT have the music we RIP play through the stadium during the game if we choose.

• KEEP the extra attention to the Super Bowl presentation BUT make it even bigger. With pre-game hype, interviews with coaches, player and coach introductions, a unique halftime show that is 100% different than a regular season game, and add a TON more post-game celebrations, Vince Lombardi Trophy presentation, fireworks, confetti, flashbulbs, camera crews and championship shirts and ball caps on the players. Don't forget the Gatorade Dump and the hoisting of the coach on the players' shoulders.

• KEEP the 'PLAYOFFS' logo on the field during the Playoffs BUT add a boatload more presentation. Even a Wild Card game is do or die. Treat it special and unique from the regular season.

• KEEP the audible system BUT add a create a play feature where we can add that created play to our audibles on ANY play.

• KEEP the draft BUT make it a lot more involving and realistic, with agents walking around, cut scenes to players on the phone, and when you select a player, show him on the podium with his newly acquired team jersey.

• KEEP the Crib, BUT make the goals in there more realistic to achieve. One should not have to play first person mode in the game just to unlock an item. Cater to the standard Franchise player more. (Win two Super Bowls back-to-back, sweep your division rival in a year, make the playoffs three years in a row, beat your division rival by 35 points, attain the league record for passing yards, etc.)

• KEEP trophy collections in the Crib BUT don't limit the acquisition of the Super Bowl Trophy to 5 minute quarters, Pro level only. I hate having to play two Super Bowls if I win: One for the real-life 15-minute quarter game, and then the 5-minute dumbed-down game I have to play just to get my already earned trophy.

• KEEP the game updates from around the league BUT make Chris Berman cut from the game for a scoring update during a team timeout, an injury, end of quarter, etc. Have it be a REAL replay from a game going on around the league and have it focus on your Franchise's rival.

These are just a few but I have a lot more. I don't want to get in too much trouble for making this too long!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:57 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Thanks Dark Lord. This is the type of post we need. Keep it coming!!
Old 02-17-2004, 05:07 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Hey Donf.

I could easily add a ton more, but I am afraid the Mods would get mad at me for trolling.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »