Home

Do you guys play with cpu/player even sliders?

This is a discussion on Do you guys play with cpu/player even sliders? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2004, 11:13 PM   #1
MVP

Crucial Mike's Arena

OVR: 8
Do you guys play with cpu/player even sliders?

I'm relatively new to this game...picked it up a couple months ago.

I've basically been playing with even slider settings for the cpu and myself.

I've been simming seasons with different teams and trying to make a playoff run.

I win the odd wildcard game but can't seem to win any division championship games. I end up getting beat by 7-10 points usually. The games are quite close and exciting, but I don't know how many more losses I can take.

I'm hesitant to give myself the slider advantage because it feels "cheap" for some reason.

What do you guys think? Anyone give themselves a boost?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2004, 12:14 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Do you guys play with cpu/player even sliders?

Are you playing your playoff games yourself or just simming them?

I've noticed that with my customized slider settings (even for myself and the CPU) there are some stadiums and situations where I have a much more difficult time winning. In my NY Giants franchise the specific situation I have problems with is the New Orleans Saints in Gaint Stadium. Twice I've lost the NFC Championship game at home to the Saints. And once I've beat the Saints in the NFC Championship game in Now Orleans. This was over three consecutive years inwhich my win came in the middle.

Is there any pattern to your losses? Are you correctly setting your coaching sliders for your opponent? If your simming the games.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:08 AM   #3
MVP

Crucial Mike's Arena

OVR: 8

Hey,

I'm actually playing the playoff games...I just sim through the reg. season games.

Probably just need more practice.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

That probably wouldn't hurt. I have to adjust my gameplan every 2-3 games. If I find something that really, really works one game I usually have to adjust it by the following game.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:17 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

I use the sliders so that Human Passing + CPU Coverage=40, Human Blocking + CPU Pursuit=40, Human Running + CPU Tackling=40, etc. This works vice versus I started out even but as I have played more the CPU has about 2-3 clicks advantage on me on most categories. I also turn fatigue to 0 for both Human and CPU and leave kicking at middle. I have noticed playing games against certain division opponents is very tough even if you have a better record then they do. I was the Patriots 5-0 and lost to the Dolphins 1-4. I have had trouble with the Jets sometimes too. I don't know if it is setup to play some games tougher than others or what.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »