Home

One thing about ESPN 2K4 I can not stand...

This is a discussion on One thing about ESPN 2K4 I can not stand... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 09:43 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: One thing about ESPN 2K4 I can not stand...

too bad fever sucks on the field.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:55 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

now yall got me sounding like i work for microsoft.i played fever when it fisrt came out this year,and i did'nt like it either. but once i got bored with the others i gave it another try.and it was'nt that bad.you just have to get used to the controls and weird looking player models.they seem to have fixed the much talked about slow down effect and the floaty passes through an updated download.the a.i. is very very challenging and thats what i like the best.the other games seem to get easier after awhile.this one still gives me fits.but hey what do i know
Old 03-03-2004, 11:03 AM   #11
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I've tried fever and don't like it. A guy I respect A LOT, LBz, has given an extensive review of Fever and wouldn't call it the best. Who said Live was the best before ID came out. And finally, he does seem to be right... the thread was about ESPN's commentary and you are definitely trying to turn it into a Fever ad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2004, 12:11 PM   #12
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

poopie said:
do you think you're the voice of the people.you keep saying nobody wants to hear me.have you talk to everybody on these forms?. regardless of what you think i'm going to express my opinon.espn has faults just like all the other games.and in my opinon their commentary sucks.after you play it for awhile, who cares about commentary anyway i just don't think their very entertaining. and their running game needs to be toned down.they break to many tackles.and fatigue is a non-factor.what made the game so good to me was it was different from madden.the presentation blew everybody away. because madden needs a new engine.so again after you've tried madden and espn,maybe another game will seem fresh and new and for me that game was fever.its just like with the basketball games everybody was looking forward to espn's game and its trash.now everbody wants to say inside drive.not nba live, is the best.why are they saying that. because they gave it a try.don't knock it to you try it.

I don't want to hear about Fever in the ESPN forum either
Old 03-03-2004, 01:12 PM   #13
Rookie

you're right this not the thread for this debate.i was just answering the other guy's response to me.back to the espn commentary, i agree with the guy who started the thread it gets on my nerves too.its funny to me how so many people don'nt like madden's commentary or fever's when they use real people that do this on tv every week.they seem to like the over the top actors better.i just don't like the sound of these two.sound like they should be doing a baseball game.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:14 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 9

Hey Lugosi2002! (Original Post Response)

You must be new to our NFL2k Family. You committed a major 'No-No'. Don't dump on Dan and Peter!

If you have played any other NFL video game for awhile, you will find that Sega is the KING when it comes to game commentary. The voice actors Sega selected are the best in the business. Trust me. The LAST thing you want is to have our game infected with the likes of Joe Theisman and Paul McGuire. First of all, they are terrible, biased and thoroughly unentertaining commentators in the REAL NFL world. Take that formula and plug it into a game where their lame-*** comments would be repeated over and over, and you would find yourself shoving your Xbox controller deep in your temple to end the agony. Sega would waste a BUNCH more money trying to get their egos in a recording studio, just to get very limited commentary. It is much wiser for Dan and Peter to stay and record more stuff. Maybe part of the problem you are having is the repetitiveness of the commentary. (I personally like the food references because it gives him a human-like quality. Not just a static voice with no personality. Plus those who have been playing NFL2k since 1999 recognize these comments as his trademark. Much like Madden with his 'BOOM!'.) This is not the fault of the voice actors, but rather the game developers looping the commentary at certain points in a game. If you listen carefully enough, you can still hear new commentary tidbits, even after 7 months of gameplay.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:26 PM   #15
Rookie

i just got tired of it real fast,i had the game the first day it came out.and i thought it was fantastic but after finishing a season,i started to hear the same thing over and over again.all the games repeat themselves,but the same jokes get old real fast. its just like with the cut scenes and auto replays when i first got the game. WOW! but now can't press the skip button fast enuff.i'd rather hear the crowd than see them.NCAA 2004 has the best commentary and crowd reaction by far.i just think espn talks too much about nothing. they should just talk about the game,the players and stats.with a FEW one liners here and there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2004, 03:56 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 9

We will have to disagree poopie. I want to see even MORE crowd cutscenes and hear even MORE commentary about (as you put it) nothing. I like it where there is a lull in the action and Peter decides to go off on a tangent. It makes them sound so real to me. As far as the crowd cut-scenes, this is one of the most exciting additions to an NFL title that I have seen in a long time. I hope it is here to stay. I want Sega to add even more so they do not get as repetitive. I would also like them to add Playoff-specific cut-scenes that you only get to see in Playoff games. This to me would add more visual reward and motivation for winning your regular season games and making the Playoffs.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »