Home

Most needed improvement

This is a discussion on Most needed improvement within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2004, 09:36 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1
Re: Most needed improvement

Quote:

jmood88 said:
it would be really nice to have a way to knock balls out of the endzone if they are close. Today, I kicked a punt and it landed inside the 20 but if I was able to just hit the jump button and have them jump up and try to swat it out, it would've been on the one.

Had that happen to me recently. Excellent idea.

This thread is morphing into wishlist vol. 2. That's OK, because I don't wanna sift through endless pages on the first one!

That being said, someone mentioned the animations. I think most would agree that OVERALL, ESPN has the best animations. It's the transitional animations that are lacking. (Too much pivoting/sliding/gliding/jerkiness)

I'm starting to believe we won't see a dramatic change until the new game systems come out, but it seems like it would be sooooo simple to just do some mo-cap along with some rendered frames to show the runners "digging in" when making cuts. It would just take a few frames to have them cross foot-over-foot when changing directions.

This is true for Madden too. I mean, even though they don't pivot on a dime, they do come to a complete stop STAND STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN, turn around like a zombie, and then proceed. It looks just as bad.

Madden or ESPN or Fever (possibly defunct) who cares? I just want the most realistic ON-FIELD experience. (I have little interest in being some front office mogul.)

Old 03-18-2004, 09:44 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

nkhera1 said:
also i saw something in the madden forum where they had a throwing meter. Sounds like a really good idea, and maybe they should try to incorporate something like that.

Also here is another idea, which i don't think you guys will like but i just want to hear your feed back. Like say after you throw the ball, well right when you think it is going into the players hands you should have to press a button. If you time it right, and press the button at the right time the player will have a better chance of catching the ball. If you don't press the button, the player may not catch the ball or have a less chance of catching it. What do you think about that?

I didn't know there wasn't a Y or Triangle CATCH button for this game. So if you take control of the receiver( B button-XBox) before the catch, does that increase your chances of making the catch?
Old 03-18-2004, 10:20 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Yeah, I always thought that that hitting the button at the right time did increase the chance of catching it.

Still on the passing game, another suggestion that I heard that I think would put the game in a class by itself would be separate QB ratings for throwing accuracy. Break it up into short pass (under 10 yards) medium pass (10-20 yds.) and long pass (over 20 yds.)

It would change the dynamics of the passing game.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:21 AM   #20
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
This is true for Madden too. I mean, even though they don't pivot on a dime, they do come to a complete stop STAND STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN, turn around like a zombie, and then proceed. It looks just as bad.

That's what I've been saying for a while. I still can't believe that people don't notice that. It looks terrible. People say that you can "cut on a dime" in espn but in madden you can go from standing to full speed in less than a second.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:52 PM   #21
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The pass accuracy by zone is what I have wanted for awhile. At least have two zones (under 20, over 20). You always talk about a QB's ability to throw a deep ball versus the shorter stuff. It would make the game a lot more realistic as well. Guys like Jeff Blake are great on the deep ball and generally bad on everything else.

We also need a long term fatigue rating where a player may get enough rest for an individual game but if you give a RB like Brian Westbrook 25 touches a game, his long term fatigue should be low making him less valuable and injury prone.

Global depth charts like Madden's where a guard can play tackle would be appreciated. A versatility rating to determine how much his abilities drop when moved out of position would be a good idea.

In game saves!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2004, 01:47 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

rudyjuly2 said:
The pass accuracy by zone is what I have wanted for awhile. At least have two zones (under 20, over 20). You always talk about a QB's ability to throw a deep ball versus the shorter stuff. It would make the game a lot more realistic as well. Guys like Jeff Blake are great on the deep ball and generally bad on everything else.

We also need a long term fatigue rating where a player may get enough rest for an individual game but if you give a RB like Brian Westbrook 25 touches a game, his long term fatigue should be low making him less valuable and injury prone.

Global depth charts like Madden's where a guard can play tackle would be appreciated. A versatility rating to determine how much his abilities drop when moved out of position would be a good idea.

In game saves!

Maybe it was you whom I got that from (pass acc. zones).

The long-term fatigue is good. Call it Durability.

If a back doesn't have a good durability rating, then if you choose to use him as a workhorse week after week, then he breaks down.

Excellent!

The unfortunate thing about most of these ideas is that they're doable. Yet we we'll only see one or two of them implemented each year so that they can keep you buying the game. But with so many different ideas, I think they could afford to add 5 or 6 true enhancements each year.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:55 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

dlballer said:
The many broken tackles by halfbacks, wide receivers, etc..

YES, this and the simmed stats. The broken tackles really killed it for me this year.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:56 PM   #24
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

JayBee74 said:
Quote:

nkhera1 said:
also i saw something in the madden forum where they had a throwing meter. Sounds like a really good idea, and maybe they should try to incorporate something like that.

Also here is another idea, which i don't think you guys will like but i just want to hear your feed back. Like say after you throw the ball, well right when you think it is going into the players hands you should have to press a button. If you time it right, and press the button at the right time the player will have a better chance of catching the ball. If you don't press the button, the player may not catch the ball or have a less chance of catching it. What do you think about that?

I didn't know there wasn't a Y or Triangle CATCH button for this game. So if you take control of the receiver( B button-XBox) before the catch, does that increase your chances of making the catch?

he just needs to stop talking. 1) never even played the game. 2) 2 suggestions of how the game should be more like madden when he's never even played madden. 3)a suggestion of an addition that's not only already in the game but was in 2k3 as well(did play that one, right?)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »