Home

Most needed improvement

This is a discussion on Most needed improvement within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2004, 11:49 PM   #33
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Most needed improvement

here is another idea THAT I DID NOT GET FROM MADDEN OR ANYWHERE ELSE but there could be like a vision rating for running backs and qbs and what it does is make holes look bigger so that you can run through them for lots of yards and for qbs it could allow the qb to see more separation from the dbs like on a slant. Or you could make this like slow motion for a few seconds
Old 03-19-2004, 02:25 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 11

huh?
Old 03-19-2004, 06:21 AM   #35
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Good ideas gooberastone. I agree completely about the passing zones and didn't mean to sound as if I thought of the idea first. I'm sure plenty of us want that change which would be huge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2004, 09:52 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

rudyjuly2 said:
Good ideas gooberastone. I agree completely about the passing zones and didn't mean to sound as if I thought of the idea first. I'm sure plenty of us want that change which would be huge.

Thanks. I just can't remember where I read that? Must be one of those senior moments. (Hey mods, how about an "old man" Graemlin?)

It seems that animation-wise, everyone's main gripe is the "electric-football-like" turns on one foot.

While playing the game last night, I noticed that it appears to me that much of that problem would be resolved if they used the regular "juke" animation as the basis for normal left and right movements. Then perhaps all they would need is a few frames (only when necessary) showing the runner crossing foot-over-foot to make "drastic" directional cuts.

Hitting the juke button would then have to be a different animation with some noticeable shoulder action which would be MUCH more pronounced with Barry Sanders-type backs. Hitting the juke button would cause the back to get much lower as he really digs in, and then almost "spring" back up to whatever side he's jukin' to.

So the juke as it is now would be used as the basic animation (with minor tweaks) for regular analog-stick change of direction, and then we'd be given an all-new juke for faking people out.

I know a little something about animation, and the problem with the juke as it is is that it's not pronounced enough. Good animation slightly exaggerates normal movements to make them look, well... normal!

Back to the change of direction using the current juke, by it's very nature, I think that this would automatically also give us the momentum that we're all looking for that we only got a tiny taste of this year, because you'd have those extra steps the runner is taking to change direction. It might make the running feel sluggish at first, but we'd get used to it.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:12 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

nkhera1 said:
Quote:

wwharton said:
Quote:

JayBee74 said:
Quote:

nkhera1 said:
also i saw something in the madden forum where they had a throwing meter. Sounds like a really good idea, and maybe they should try to incorporate something like that.

Also here is another idea, which i don't think you guys will like but i just want to hear your feed back. Like say after you throw the ball, well right when you think it is going into the players hands you should have to press a button. If you time it right, and press the button at the right time the player will have a better chance of catching the ball. If you don't press the button, the player may not catch the ball or have a less chance of catching it. What do you think about that?

I didn't know there wasn't a Y or Triangle CATCH button for this game. So if you take control of the receiver( B button-XBox) before the catch, does that increase your chances of making the catch?

he just needs to stop talking. 1) never even played the game. 2) 2 suggestions of how the game should be more like madden when he's never even played madden. 3)a suggestion of an addition that's not only already in the game but was in 2k3 as well(did play that one, right?)

you *******, have you ever heard of friends. Well you probably don't have any, but most people do, and see sometimes theses so called friends have games, and sometimes i like to play these games, so that how i learn.

besides the catch idea is seperate to the throw meter, which i found from the madden forum.

and no my idea is like a button to catch the ball, like so that you close it in your arms, and like how if you don't press the button, either the guy doesn't catch the ball at all or he fumbles it. Like how you have to close your glove to catch a fly ball. well its kinds like that except closing your arms for a reception.

also if you read those were two seperate ideas and not the same one. The throwing meter would be like the one in mvp 2004 while fielding, but it would have to be polished up a bit i don't know how, so please think before you speak next time. OH BY THE WAY THAT IDEA IS NOT EVEN IN MADDEN YET.

I think I got dumber by reading that post.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:49 PM   #38
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The real juke does need to be more effective. Scat backs aren't effective enough. I have always liked the juke better in Madden although it might work a little too well for all backs.
Old 03-19-2004, 02:57 PM   #39
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

nkhera1 said:
Quote:

wwharton said:
Quote:

JayBee74 said:
Quote:

nkhera1 said:
also i saw something in the madden forum where they had a throwing meter. Sounds like a really good idea, and maybe they should try to incorporate something like that.

Also here is another idea, which i don't think you guys will like but i just want to hear your feed back. Like say after you throw the ball, well right when you think it is going into the players hands you should have to press a button. If you time it right, and press the button at the right time the player will have a better chance of catching the ball. If you don't press the button, the player may not catch the ball or have a less chance of catching it. What do you think about that?

I didn't know there wasn't a Y or Triangle CATCH button for this game. So if you take control of the receiver( B button-XBox) before the catch, does that increase your chances of making the catch?

he just needs to stop talking. 1) never even played the game. 2) 2 suggestions of how the game should be more like madden when he's never even played madden. 3)a suggestion of an addition that's not only already in the game but was in 2k3 as well(did play that one, right?)

you *******, have you ever heard of friends. Well you probably don't have any, but most people do, and see sometimes theses so called friends have games, and sometimes i like to play these games, so that how i learn.

besides the catch idea is seperate to the throw meter, which i found from the madden forum.

and no my idea is like a button to catch the ball, like so that you close it in your arms, and like how if you don't press the button, either the guy doesn't catch the ball at all or he fumbles it. Like how you have to close your glove to catch a fly ball. well its kinds like that except closing your arms for a reception.

also if you read those were two seperate ideas and not the same one. The throwing meter would be like the one in mvp 2004 while fielding, but it would have to be polished up a bit i don't know how, so please think before you speak next time. OH BY THE WAY THAT IDEA IS NOT EVEN IN MADDEN YET.

And [b]I'm{/b] the *******? I don't even need to respond. We'll just put this on the mantle with the posts about ranking WRs in the NFL based on ratings in a game over a year old. I guess your "vision" idea is to put a computer chip in your brain so you can see the holes better, eh?

I've got plenty of friends and they all like honesty. Honestly, you need to just stop talking.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:00 AM   #40
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

wwharton said:
Quote:

nkhera1 said:
Quote:

wwharton said:
Quote:

JayBee74 said:
Quote:

nkhera1 said:

And [b]I'm{/b] the *******? I don't even need to respond. We'll just put this on the mantle with the posts about ranking WRs in the NFL based on ratings in a game over a year old. I guess your "vision" idea is to put a computer chip in your brain so you can see the holes better, eh?

I've got plenty of friends and they all like honesty. Honestly, you need to just stop talking.

i haven't ranked any wide receivers based on nfl 2k3

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »