Home

Sega REALLY needs to step up online

This is a discussion on Sega REALLY needs to step up online within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
The 49ers Showcase the Inadequacy of Madden's Man-Match Coverage
Undisputed Beta #3 - Improvements We'd Like to See
EA Sports PGA Tour Release Date and Details Unveiled

Old 03-21-2004, 03:04 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Sega REALLY needs to step up online

Their online set up is just terrible. They need to copy Madden with the fact that all ranked games are played on ONE level. I see Sega has it set up where you can play on any level and then u have a rank for that level but the problem with this is it seperates the community. It's like you're 28-6 on hall of fame then u play somebody on superstar and you're 0-0...that's so lame they should just take the best level of gameplay and make everybody play in that mode. Another thing i hate is that they reset stats every month. HELLO...whats the reason to keep playing if you're stats will be reset in a month? I just don't understand how sega operates they don't take advantage of anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2004, 04:16 PM   #2
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Sega REALLY needs to step up online

I think letting us play on different difficulties is a good thing, cause then you can adjust the gameplay to the level you want it. Some people like to try to adjust sliders as well to make things more of a simulation. As far as what is there to play for if the online rankings reset each month, it's a simple answer, fun. If you're just playing to prove you're the best online, then odds are you're a cheeser or gonna have to cheese to keep up with all the other guys. Although I do agree that resetting them each month doesn't make sense, they should do what the FPS's on live do and have a total as well as a weekly and monthly record for each person. Hopefully these will be some changes we'll see for next year. But what we have now for online play is better than no online play at all, so here's to improvements for next year, and until then I'm happy with what I got.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:22 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

there should be NO sliders online you should play the game the way it was made to play. If you only have one level to play online then people who suck will get better over time and it would be much more competitive. anybody who played on pro would know that all you gotta do is run the ball to the outside and you score no problem.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:42 PM   #4
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

Dagreat1 said:
there should be NO sliders online you should play the game the way it was made to play. If you only have one level to play online then people who suck will get better over time and it would be much more competitive. anybody who played on pro would know that all you gotta do is run the ball to the outside and you score no problem.

I don't think the problem is ever finding your way into the endzone, a nice adjustment to sliders can help add some D and keep scores out of the 70's. Personally I prefer the game adjusted vs. the way they made it. VC did an amazing job with it but with the sliders tweaked properly you'll get a much more realistic game than with the default sliders. The great thing about having sliders is that people can play the type of game that they want. Also it should make you happy that any game with non-default sliders is non-ranked. But as far as eliminating sliders and playing a game the way they meant for it to be played, I think they meant for it to be adjusted to personal preference that's why the sliders are in the game.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:43 AM   #5
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

I agree 100% with fetter21. You have to provide options for gamers. All gamers have a different take on how they want to play the game. Having it one way will only turn on some players and not others, as u can see in the topic already we have different opinions, and haivng it one way will hurt sales. Gamers are now customed to having options and taking it away now will hurt sega.

I for one am into a true simulation experience. Punting when im suppose to going for Fg's when im suppose to and so and so fourth, im not going to die if I lose like other brothers be acting when they play online.

Sliders are greatly needed since Sega leans to making offense a very easy experience. At a default level I was easily running for over 200+ yrds by halftime and thats so freaken dumb and a waste of time. With the slider adjustments it was not that easy.

So i say leave the options available , and cater to everyone as best as possible.

Sega and EA are great companies , but EA needs to stop the crap and get on XBOX live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2004, 06:26 PM   #6
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

gotta piggie back here. wanting to adjust sliders does not mean you don't know how to play the game. i play with many people that prefer an altered pro or all pro but would beat 90% of the leaders on any level including legend. it's all about trying to get the most realistic game experience possible for us and for others it's about winning or big plays, etc. you should be able to adjust to your liking.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:09 AM   #7
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Please note playing on legend does not by any means your playing on the hardest level. It just means that is is much easier to execute on offense and harder to execute on defense. Sega did things backwards here. Playing on Rookie is the opposite of legend.

They did the same on Baseketball. The higher the level the easier to score.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »