Home

NFL2k5: Xbox Exclusive Potential?

This is a discussion on NFL2k5: Xbox Exclusive Potential? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2004, 12:26 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
NFL2k5: Xbox Exclusive Potential?

Gotta question for you guys. I have heard rumors that Microsoft is killing off NFL Fever. And, this would make NFL2k5 an Xbox exclusive title. If this happens, and ESPN NFL Football is the only major player on Xbox, do you think it could HELP the franchise? As you know, NFL2kx is designed for the PS2 first (lowest common denominator) and then it is refined for Xbox, the more powerful of the two platforms. If NFL2k5 is designed exclusively for the Xbox, wouldn't that mean better graphics, more features, cut-scenes, options, sounds, etc.? Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2004, 12:42 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: NFL2k5: Xbox Exclusive Potential?

Yes, however it would take too much time to enhance it to your thought. VC probably has most of the 2K5 changes already in mind. Hopefully with MS changing its strategy, ESPN/VC will ramp up and embrace the moment. So I think the 2K6 version would have the things you're referring to.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:47 PM   #3
Banned

So true. Time is a MAJOR factor in completing these games year after year. I heard a rumor once that there was not going to be a Madden 2005 in favor of a blowout Madden 2006. They were going to release a year, skip and develope a year, back and forth. I think this turned out to be false. I for one would NOT be happy if Sega did this. It is bad enough to have to wait 12 months for the next title, much less two whole years. Hopefully for NFL2k6, it will be Xbox only in order to really use the hardware on the Xbox available to the developers. From what I understand, there is a lot of untapped power to be used in the mighty Xbox. Especially to create an NFL title.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:57 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
So true. Time is a MAJOR factor in completing these games year after year. I heard a rumor once that there was not going to be a Madden 2005 in favor of a blowout Madden 2006. They were going to release a year, skip and develope a year, back and forth. I think this turned out to be false. I for one would NOT be happy if Sega did this. It is bad enough to have to wait 12 months for the next title, much less two whole years. Hopefully for NFL2k6, it will be Xbox only in order to really use the hardware on the Xbox available to the developers. From what I understand, there is a lot of untapped power to be used in the mighty Xbox. Especially to create an NFL title.

I think EA is skiping a year with the EA Sports BIG games. Like NFL Street and NBA Street.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:35 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

Wazzup36 said:
Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:

I think EA is skiping a year with the EA Sports BIG games. Like NFL Street and NBA Street.

Yeah, they might as well. I mean, those games are good for a rental a slight diversion during the off-season, but I don't think you need them year after year like clockwork. But that's just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2004, 12:48 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

If they took the time and made the game on Xbox only i think it would sell over a million copies...
Old 03-26-2004, 02:37 PM   #7
Banned

I agree with you. Those funky pseudo-sports titles don't appeal to me either. I think most gamers who buy and play sports titles want them to be as true-to-life as possible. They could care less if flames come off the end of their football thrown at 300 mph.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:40 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like the idea of waiting two years to release the EA Big titles. I dont want them to kill NBA Street because that is a fantastic series and I loved volume two.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »