Home

Do any of you get the Madden urge??

This is a discussion on Do any of you get the Madden urge?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2004, 02:28 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Do any of you get the Madden urge??

First off before I get flamed, ESPN is bar none the best pro football game this year. I bought Madden also in august but returned it after ESPN came out. I love ESPN, but I was just wondering if any of you get the urge to play some madden still?? I don't know why but the last couple of weeks I really feel like playing it again and I was thinking of picking it up. So what do you guys think I should do? Should I pick it up or should I just pop in NCAA and try to get my madden fix from that?? By the way I have updated my ESPN rosters with all transactions up till yesterday and played a few games and I love it. But for some reason I have the Madden itch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2004, 02:36 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Do any of you get the Madden urge??

I thought Madden was improved but I only played a couple of games. In the past I have enjoyed Madden for awhile and then I get fed up with it. Plus the graphics are not nearly as good as ESPN. If all you wanted to do was to sim games and play owner Madden is better but that isn't worth $50 imo. If you have updated rosters for ESPN NFL updated rosters could you post them?
Old 03-30-2004, 02:50 PM   #3
Pro

I will post my rosters tonight guys, I'm at work now so look for them around say 7PM eastern time. I have done all transactions up till yesterday and created a few players. Players that are Restricted and Unrestricted free agents and haven't signed with anyone yet are still on there original teams unless they needed to be released to free up space on the roster for a new signing.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:51 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

I agree wholeheartedly. The only reason I ever put Madden in is to draft my NCAA class and sim in owner mode. But as for actually playing a game...hell no ! imo, ESPN is much better game play wise, and even simming in Madden gets pretty boring to me. But hey, we all have to satisfy our urges eventually. You may just need a change of pace, but I'm sure you'll run back to ESPN quickly.

btw, when both were relatively new I played ESPN with a friend of mine who played cb in NFL for about 7 years. He was mainly a MAdden player so I was beating him. I suggested that we change over to Madden because it might help him compete better. BUt before we even got to half time he said: "this is garbage, take this out!" because compared to the look of ESPN, Madden looked really bad. He then said, "I do't even want to look at this after playing the other game."
Old 03-30-2004, 03:11 PM   #5
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

I didn't get Madden at release, I just rented it to tide me over for that month until ESPN NFL. I finished about 3 seasons in that time and always around this time of year I start wanting Madden again and break down and get it. So last week I purchased it for about $24.

Since then I've played 3 games of Madden and 10 games of ESPN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2004, 03:15 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

I have the Madden urge now for the offseason stuff. With all the draft talk, signings, and trades, I really want to play a really good franchise mode like that now.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:16 PM   #7
Pro

So fetter you know what im feeling then, so is it worth it to get madden again, or am I just going to go back to my beloved ESPN after a few games??
Old 03-30-2004, 03:39 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

DanSF49 said:
So fetter you know what im feeling then, so is it worth it to get madden again, or am I just going to go back to my beloved ESPN after a few games??

I would say you would go back to ESPN. Now let me say I have always been a Madden fan and really the only espn game I enjoyed was when it was on DreamCast. I bought ESPN about a month after its release and never picked Madden back up again. I tried a few months back and played madden for just a few and then right back to ESPN. I now have traded both in so NCAA is my only football fix but I would think you would end up wasting your money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »