Home

The Running Animations

This is a discussion on The Running Animations within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2004, 05:09 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1
Re: The Running Animations

Also, instead of always having grunts and growls on hits and tackles, let's hear the LOUD dolby digital 5.1 SHARP CRACK of pads smashing into each other on lay out hits like the one above.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:53 PM   #10
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

don't know how much i agree with the original post. i do see where you're coming from but there are many times when the running looks very natural. like most other stuff I think it's a case where in a certain situation the running is perfect but there aren't enough animations for every situation. I hear you on the bounce but I think a better way to explain it is when gathering momentum you need to drive more with your legs, be more hunched over. When slowing up you take smaller strides. No need to even get into changing directions b/c it's been said many times. In short, there need to be a plethera of different animations for just something as simple as running. This is probably why it's so hard but it's pretty much the bulk of football so it's necessary.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:16 AM   #11
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Hey goober,

check out this thread...

VC Needs to add 1,000 animations

I and a few other suggested some new animations...both contextual and controlled...to be added to 2k5. If you have the patience to sif through the B.S. argueing you'll find some good stuff.

BTW, I also would like more ONFIELD emotion instead everything happening via cutscenes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2004, 01:35 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

Good work Kanobi
If VC listens 2k5 will ROCK!! Thats what I felt 2k4 needed--more smoothed out animations and runners not being able to turn on a dime--momentum and direction change better implemented. I also would like to see pile-ups and scrums for the ball. Referees going into pile to see who has ball.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:28 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Hey goober,

check out this thread...

VC Needs to add 1,000 animations

I and a few other suggested some new animations...both contextual and controlled...to be added to 2k5. If you have the patience to sif through the B.S. argueing you'll find some good stuff.

BTW, I also would like more ONFIELD emotion instead everything happening via cutscenes.

***Reads (most of) thread***

... Man, we think soooo much alike.... 'Cept for all the f-bombs you were droppin'!

... It's all about animations and emotion. Really with the right animations, a lot of gameplay issues take care of themselves.

We need to work for VC.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:25 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

I agree with that. The running animations are as bad as the tackling engine is good. And it is very, very good. I don't even know what exactly is wrong with the running animations except for it doesn't look like a football player running. That's good enough for me.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:48 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

LBzrule said:
And no more OK. I want to see this in the game next year. Thanks to Rack from maddenplanet and the sportsjournal for the gif

Yeah he shook 1 tackle but got his a$$ destroyed. I want that BADLY.

We need to send a link to all the hits we want in ESPN 2k5.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2004, 04:14 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 4

hey guys..what was wrong with 2k3's running animation ..imo..it was spot on......your player put his head down n covered the ball when u held the anolog a little..n started striding with the ball in one hand when u pushed the anolog all the way..this doesn't happen in 2k4,..u get the same animation but in a matrix like speed..so u get to see one foot in the air for very long n it stays so when u turn...

i think if vc kept the 2k3 animation n added the litle momentum..plus added the 2k4 animation when a player picked up 10 yards to show thrust..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »