Home

First of all, let me say...

This is a discussion on First of all, let me say... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports PGA Tour Release Date and Details Unveiled
What Are Your Thoughts on Madden's Franchise Mode as We Head Towards Madden 24?
When Do You Get 'Rosteritis' in Your Franchise Mode?

Old 04-09-2004, 11:33 AM   #9
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: First of all, let me say...

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

dragon4ever said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

dragon4ever said:
that ESPN is a very good football game; however, how can anyone stand the 8-directional movement in this game? It feels as if I'm playing Resident Evil. The running animation itself is nice, but the transition from moving left to right, up and down, corner to corner is just downright horrible. During a kick return/punt return, it feels like I'm controlling a robot.

Its not 8-direction movement. You can move in any direction. the problem is the turning...1-foot 80 degree pivoting...that needs to go. Hopefully its upgraded for 2k5 and they add transitional animations.

That sounds like a better explanation than mine. From what I can remember, the previous versions of Sega football games never had this problem. I wonder why Sega decided to add this animation in 2K4. Despite this flaw, I still think that it's a fun game. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that Sega fixes this problem.

Sorry about my post. Now that I look back over it, it was kinda rude.

:Group Hug:
Old 04-10-2004, 12:33 AM   #10
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

dragon4ever said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

dragon4ever said:
that ESPN is a very good football game; however, how can anyone stand the 8-directional movement in this game? It feels as if I'm playing Resident Evil. The running animation itself is nice, but the transition from moving left to right, up and down, corner to corner is just downright horrible. During a kick return/punt return, it feels like I'm controlling a robot.

Its not 8-direction movement. You can move in any direction. the problem is the turning...1-foot 80 degree pivoting...that needs to go. Hopefully its upgraded for 2k5 and they add transitional animations.

That sounds like a better explanation than mine. From what I can remember, the previous versions of Sega football games never had this problem. I wonder why Sega decided to add this animation in 2K4. Despite this flaw, I still think that it's a fun game. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that Sega fixes this problem.

No apologies needed my friend. It was all just a misunderstanding.
Old 04-10-2004, 12:42 AM   #11
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

dragon4ever said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

dragon4ever said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

dragon4ever said:

No apologies needed my friend. It was all just a misunderstanding.

How sweet...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »