Home

First of all, let me say...

This is a discussion on First of all, let me say... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2004, 09:13 PM   #1
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
First of all, let me say...

that ESPN is a very good football game; however, how can anyone stand the 8-directional movement in this game? It feels as if I'm playing Resident Evil. The running animation itself is nice, but the transition from moving left to right, up and down, corner to corner is just downright horrible. During a kick return/punt return, it feels like I'm controlling a robot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2004, 09:20 PM   #2
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: First of all, let me say...

It doesn't feel that way to me so I don't care how you feel about it.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:24 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

Old 04-08-2004, 09:48 PM   #4
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

dragon4ever said:
that ESPN is a very good football game; however, how can anyone stand the 8-directional movement in this game? It feels as if I'm playing Resident Evil. The running animation itself is nice, but the transition from moving left to right, up and down, corner to corner is just downright horrible. During a kick return/punt return, it feels like I'm controlling a robot.

Its not 8-direction movement. You can move in any direction. the problem is the turning...1-foot 80 degree pivoting...that needs to go. Hopefully its upgraded for 2k5 and they add transitional animations.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:50 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

I completely agree, Kanobi, but I'm afraid it may be like the crouch in allstar baseball. Something they can't really get rid of until the next generation of systems. Hope I'm wrong though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2004, 12:09 AM   #6
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

dragon4ever said:

Its not 8-direction movement. You can move in any direction. the problem is the turning...1-foot 80 degree pivoting...that needs to go. Hopefully its upgraded for 2k5 and they add transitional animations.

That sounds like a better explanation than mine. From what I can remember, the previous versions of Sega football games never had this problem. I wonder why Sega decided to add this animation in 2K4. Despite this flaw, I still think that it's a fun game. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that Sega fixes this problem.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:12 AM   #7
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

dragon4ever said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

dragon4ever said:

That sounds like a better explanation than mine. From what I can remember, the previous versions of Sega football games never had this problem. I wonder why Sega decided to add this animation in 2K4. Despite this flaw, I still think that it's a fun game. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that Sega fixes this problem.

Sorry about my post. Now that I look back over it, it was kinda rude.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:02 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

dragon4ever said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

dragon4ever said:

Nope. Unfortunately it's been like this since DREAMCAST. It's been one of the banes of the series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »