Home

NFL2k5: The 'Bring-Back' List

This is a discussion on NFL2k5: The 'Bring-Back' List within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2004, 01:22 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
NFL2k5: The \'Bring-Back\' List

Hey NFL2kers!

Anybody out there miss pumping up the crowd? How about seeing your wide open receiver calling for the ball? How about a post-game reward animation for winning a playoff game? (I am referring to the rotating AFC/NFC logo, commending you on your playoff win.) Well, now is your chance to tell Sega to bring them back in NFL2k5. Here are mine. Please add yours.

• Create-A-Play

• Pump Up The Crowd

• Quiet The Crowd

• Post-Play Player Control (Meaning allow the gamer to control their player after a play all the way up to the point where the play call screen appears. This one probably won't happen due to the NFL's new policy of their presence in NFL video games. No after-the-whistle hits.)

• Personal Fouls (There are hardly any personal fouls in this game now. Let's see more stuff like a late hit out of bounds, roughing the passer penalties, late hits after the whistle, and even some leading with the helmet calls.)

• Recognition for a Victory in ANY Playoff Game (Similar to the IDEA of the AFC/NFC rotating logo in NFL2k–NFL2k1, but much more sophisticated with today's hardware.)

• Create A Player for Franchise Mode

• Trades (The current method of trading for players is much, much too difficult and rare.)

• Wind Indicator Flag (The kicking game was more realistic in previous NFL2k's with the utilization of the changing and unpredictable flag, blowing in the wind. Much better than a hard arrow saying 'the wind is blowing this way.')

• Playoff Tree. (I really miss seeing the playoff tree while in the playoffs, instead of looking at the line list schedule every single time. The playoffs should be treated special. Even for something as minor as the look of a menu.)

• Chain Gang Measurements. (They should NEVER be 100% predictable by Dan or Peter while it is being done. Need to have a close-up shot of the post being stretched out to where the ball is so you can actually SEE if you got the first down or not.)

• Blocked Kicks (I have only gotten 1 in the past 8 months of playing.)

• Blocked Punts

• Degrees of Injury animation. (This means I want to see everything from a slight limp, to an ambulance making its way onto the field.)

• Shovel Pass

• D-Pad Only Player Selection (Meaning get rid of that stupid method of having to hold one button down WHILE you use the D-Pad to get to the player you want.)

• More Player Smack Talk (It is so rare and so low-key now.)

• More Crowd Chants (Especially in a tight game where you are losing at home.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2004, 01:32 PM   #2
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NFL2k5: The \'Bring-Back\' List

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Hey NFL2kers!

Anybody out there miss pumping up the crowd? How about seeing your wide open receiver calling for the ball? How about a post-game reward animation for winning a playoff game? (I am referring to the rotating AFC/NFC logo, commending you on your playoff win.) Well, now is your chance to tell Sega to bring them back in NFL2k5. Here are mine. Please add yours.

• Create-A-Play

• Pump Up The Crowd

• Quiet The Crowd

• Post-Play Player Control (Meaning allow the gamer to control their player after a play all the way up to the point where the play call screen appears. This one probably won't happen due to the NFL's new policy of their presence in NFL video games. No after-the-whistle hits.)

• Personal Fouls (There are hardly any personal fouls in this game now. Let's see more stuff like a late hit out of bounds, roughing the passer penalties, late hits after the whistle, and even some leading with the helmet calls.)

• Recognition for a Victory in ANY Playoff Game (Similar to the IDEA of the AFC/NFC rotating logo in NFL2k–NFL2k1, but much more sophisticated with today's hardware.)

• Create A Player for Franchise Mode

• Trades (The current method of trading for players is much, much too difficult and rare.)

• Wind Indicator Flag (The kicking game was more realistic in previous NFL2k's with the utilization of the changing and unpredictable flag, blowing in the wind. Much better than a hard arrow saying 'the wind is blowing this way.')

• Playoff Tree. (I really miss seeing the playoff tree while in the playoffs, instead of looking at the line list schedule every single time. The playoffs should be treated special. Even for something as minor as the look of a menu.)

• Chain Gang Measurements. (They should NEVER be 100% predictable by Dan or Peter while it is being done. Need to have a close-up shot of the post being stretched out to where the ball is so you can actually SEE if you got the first down or not.)

• Blocked Kicks (I have only gotten 1 in the past 8 months of playing.)

• Blocked Punts

• Degrees of Injury animation. (This means I want to see everything from a slight limp, to an ambulance making its way onto the field.)

• Shovel Pass

• D-Pad Only Player Selection (Meaning get rid of that stupid method of having to hold one button down WHILE you use the D-Pad to get to the player you want.)

• More Player Smack Talk (It is so rare and so low-key now.)

• More Crowd Chants (Especially in a tight game where you are losing at home.)

Your most likely not going to get create play
Old 04-19-2004, 02:48 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Blocked kicks defintitely needed--real NFL

more team specific chants, louder--causes road teams to go offside sometimes or call TO's

chain gang definitely needed on close calls--occasionally bad spots needed too-challenges

multiple hits on defenders--late hits (flags)--goaline jump over pile play and hand off to DL (Sapp)

Wind, rain and snow affect gameplay really--that way actually choosing sides matters on windy days

Fatigue/endurance category slider--Heat, player ability/conditioning, time played all play role
Old 04-19-2004, 03:03 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

Hey Jon!

I think it is a strong possibility we will see it this year. If not this year, I have no doubt it will bee in there next year on the last NFL2k before the Xbox Next.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:06 PM   #5
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

- create a play: nope

- pump up the crowd: not without fixing the huge glitch with it

- quiet the crowd: yeah, but bring back false starts b/c of loud crowds along with it

- post play player control: yep

- personal fouls: miss it and thought they needed more, not less back in the 2k3 days

- victory recognition: eh, I think I'd rather something new than what they had before but I agree that something is needed.

- create a player: nope. If you think of the difference between season and franchise and look at it like players attributes are dynamic as soon as a franchise starts then being able to create a new player in the middle of one is kind of counterproductive. In a season it makes sense though and I think it is possible now.

- trades: no opinion. need to keep improving on it

- wind flag: don't see the problem here. not being able to put wind effects in online games is a HUGE ommission though.

- playoff tree: small but yep.

- chain gang: don't remember this in a 2k game but i'd like to see it and have the choice to watch or skip

- blocked kicks: i block plenty of kicks. they need to expand on it so you can also get pressure up the middle but i can block a kick from the edge.

- blocked punts: tricky one. you can block punts but only if the angle is lowered. this year lowering the angle doesn't help u enough so there's little reason to take the risk. also if you hit the punter it screws up where the ball is placed. so i agree that they need to fix punts overall.

-injury animations: i think this is more of a wishlist than a "bring back"

- shovel pass: this is in this year's game

- dpad only player switching: still can't figure out the logic behind changing this one in the first place.

- more smack talk: i think it's the same as before, just not enough "new" stuff added.

- more crowd chants: another one I dont think is "bringing back"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2004, 04:59 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

bring back..
1.the wind indicator flag
2.the jump button
3.the regular pass--there are only lob n bullet now
4.the female sideline reporter
5.the play off tree-2k1
6.the playoff champ blue screen with the trophy n confetti.n cheers in the background 2k1
7.the old trade system--this one is wack
8.the individual team tendancies
9.2k3's weekly wrap up screen n presentation-so we have variety
10.quarter stats..or is it halftime stats

11.end of game stats n player of the game...
12.crowd numbers-n effect's noise-from 2k2
13.the news from around the league section-2k1 even though it was kinda useless

14..ncaa 2k
15.the on contact tackles..
16.the juke system of old..this one seems kinda pre-meditated,orcistarted,sellout..like fake acting can't really explain but play any 2k game before 2k4 n u'll see...the guys in 2k4 start lying down before they are tackled or juke only when there is contact...or can't do no moves if a d-fender is into his tackle animation.....i call it the early i'm scared to get hitor try not to animation!
Old 04-19-2004, 05:06 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

The chances of you seeing create a play. Slim, VERY. They took it out because the play set is already too expansive. They add to that play set every year, the more it expands the less chance you'll see create a play.

Shovel pass like Wwharton said is already in this year's game. And works very well.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:08 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

LBzrule said:
The chances of you seeing create a play. Slim, VERY. They took it out because the play set is already too expansive. They add to that play set every year, the more it expands the less chance you'll see create a play.

Shovel pass like Wwharton said is already in this year's game. And works very well.

Yeah, as much as I always think Create-a-Play is cool... I end up never using it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »