Home

Arizona Cardinal Uniform change!

This is a discussion on Arizona Cardinal Uniform change! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2004, 04:59 PM   #25
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Arizona Cardinal Uniform change!

Would it really be that hard to correct there uniforms???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2004, 05:09 PM   #26
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Guys, I would suggest that things like uniform glitches DO matter to the rank and file 2k fans. Take a look at the poll at the beginning of this thread. 72% of those who responded say they want the Cards uni fixed. That's a pretty serious mandate for getting it right.

wwharton, your assertion that the problems are a result of question of resource allocation on VC's part is questionable, but if that is the case it's a bad decision imo. Look at it this way:what makes more sense, spending enormous amounts of time and effort on faces and player models(which are rarely visible during actual gameplay) or getting the basics of team uni's(which you see on every single snap) correct.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:11 PM   #27
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

who really knows the answer to your question, rocky, but i don't get why that question and questions like it are always presented.

think about this... is it really that hard to implement gang tackling in a realistic way? is it really that hard to have a running game that realistically uses blockers? is it really that hard to have the cpu ai create a challenge without catchup AI?

obviously those questions are examples of things i don't think madden does well. like your question, who really knows the answer to any of them? the bottom line is we are given these two games to play (best of the bunch) and in the forum we can talk about what one has that the other doesn't and we can ask for it in the next year's title but in the end we will play the one we like the most, despite the "questions" out there about it. to me, i'd rather have what i consider minor graphical questions than what someone may consider minor gameplay questions.

whether it's hard to do or not is not the question b/c i'm sure to anyone of us in the forum it's very hard. for me it's just, i wish this was right but if i had to choose i'm much happier that THAT is right. i believe this is how we choose all of our games.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:16 PM   #28
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

coogrfan said:
Guys, I would suggest that things like uniform glitches DO matter to the rank and file 2k fans. Take a look at the poll at the beginning of this thread. 72% of those who responded say they want the Cards uni fixed. That's a pretty serious mandate for getting it right.

wwharton, your assertion that the problems are a result of question of resource allocation on VC's part is questionable, but if that is the case it's a bad decision imo. Look at it this way:what makes more sense, spending enormous amounts of time and effort on faces and player models(which are rarely visible during actual gameplay) or getting the basics of team uni's(which you see on every single snap) correct.

The player models are visible during the game. And how can you see what side a number is on during the game?
Old 05-03-2004, 05:21 PM   #29
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

coogrfan said:

eh, both of these aren't really fair statements. if you asked me if i wish they had the correct uniform (and btw, it is EARLY may so there's no saying that it won't be fixed) of course i'd say yes. i'd be a fool not to (and maybe that's what you're getting at, lol). my point was a little different. my point is when i look at my options of football games to buy, if the glaring weakness of this one is that the cards uni isn't correct then it'll be well worth my money. i think a better question would be "Would the Cards uni being incorrect stop you from purchasing this game?" I have a feeling a poll with that question would be drastically different.

As for my assertion, it's mere speculation for the point of this discussion. I have no idea if that's why it's not right. It is possible that they just screwed up. However, as I mentioned before I'm not arguing that they shouldn't care what the real uniforms look like or that it's generally cool to screw up on a uniform. My point is to me the games that seem to put in an enormous amount of time on uniform, helmet and shoe details to this point are lacking in realism and aspects of gameplay so an oversight like this one is preferable to me if we have to live with oversights in all of the games we have to choose from.

BTW, I think the playermodels and unis are of equal importance. I agree with you on the faces to some extent but accurate player models make a big difference too.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:53 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 9

I was just watching the "Maximum Tackle" video on ESPN videogames, and noticed that the Cardinal home jersey HAS BEEN CORRECTED! 5 years and it has finally been corrected! See your votes really do count! Totally awesome...this game looks better and better with every passing minute. Hopefully the fix isn't just my imagination, and it stays on long enough to make it to the final version.

http://www.espnvideogames.com/news/m...p?id=572&gid=7
Old 06-18-2004, 01:56 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

It does indeed appear to be corrected... Enjoy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2004, 04:33 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

They look pretty much the same to me. Any changes made are very minor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »