Home

Arizona Cardinal Uniform change!

This is a discussion on Arizona Cardinal Uniform change! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2004, 10:41 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Arizona Cardinal Uniform change!

How it is currently:

How it should be:

First let me start off by saying that ESPN is an excellent video football game franschise. I own NFL 2k, NFL 2k1, and NFL 2k3, and look forward to purchasing 2k5. This following post is not intended to get flamers riled up, my true intention is to possibly get a change in ESPN.

Espn has presented the Arizona Cardinals home jersey(red)incorrectly for the entire life of the franchise, 2000-present. If you look at the pictures the shoulder number is on the top of the shoulder, but should be placed on the sides of the shoulders. To me, being a Card fan, this comprimises the authenticity of the entire uniform.

It also messes up presentation when playing with or against the Cardinals. Some may say that they can't see the number during the actual play so it doesn't matter, but the closeups after the play definately display the mistake.

I wonder how a detail like that can be overlooked for so many years, yet other awesome details like the NFL logos on helmets, the Reebok logo on jersey, and veins in the players arms, are addressed. The Cardinal Home jersey is the most basic jersey in the NFL, proper number placement is all I ask!

This poll will hopefully help me find that answer and bring some attention to the problem so VC can address it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2004, 11:21 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Arizona Cardinal Uniform change!

Hey anday!

YOU FOOLED ME!! When I read the teaser for your post, I thought the Cardinals finally got a new logo and new jerseys to go with it! DAMNIT!

Oh, I voted to change it. The more true to the NFL the better in my book. I don't care if it is something as simple as a standard screw holding the facemask on instead of the real NFL's phillips screw!
Old 04-26-2004, 11:26 AM   #3
Pro

Sorry man, I didn't mean to. I was hoping for an acutal uniform change this year as well, but it's also good to stay "traditional" or what some would call "plain".

As plain as the Cards jersey is, I just would like to have it represented correctly this year in ESPN, if not next year.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:58 AM   #4
Banned

Agreed. If they are going to be boring, they should at least be accurately boring. Ha! Ha!
Old 04-26-2004, 12:11 PM   #5
Pro

Accurate is good!

I have to ask. Why wouldn't want their game, that they've probably spent $50.00 on, to be as accurate as possible?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2004, 01:00 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

yes true..the color is off!! u know what thought everytime i played 2k4..i always messed with the color options in my tv n i'm always pissed! i keep thinking someone's messing with my tv..then i saw on this board people stating that it's the in game color..lol!!!!!!!

are u posting this on madden's too.because madden has the number in the same exact place..
Old 04-26-2004, 01:03 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

You guys know that the Cards are going to change their uniforms soon, just like the Falcons and Bengals right? We all know it's coming!!
Old 04-26-2004, 01:20 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:

solja said:
yes true..the color is off!! u know what thought everytime i played 2k4..i always messed with the color options in my tv n i'm always pissed! i keep thinking someone's messing with my tv..then i saw on this board people stating that it's the in game color..lol!!!!!!!

are u posting this on madden's too.because madden has the number in the same exact place..

Please don't trivialize my post by turning this into a Madden vs. ESPN thread. This is a legitimate attempt to get VC to recognize the mistake and possibly fix it. I would like to purchase ESPN 2005 and play the Cards on franchise. I think their uniforms should be accurate and I believe VC would like the uniforms to be accurate as well.

Also please know your facts before you post. As I mentioned before this is not a Madden vs. ESPN vs. any other football game thread so I won't put any Madden pictures on here directily, so here's a link:

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/494/...g_1756111.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »