Home

NFL 2k4 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

This is a discussion on NFL 2k4 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NFL 2k4 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJavo
I've been working hard and the time is finally here, at least for Phase I...

This editor was created for use with ESPN 2K4 football similar to the one we have for NFL 2K5 from Finn.

This is the first release so there may be bugs. If you find any please post here and I will do my best to correct any issues found.

The editor allows works very similar to the 2K5 editor, but doesn't have many options including the following:

1. Names can only be edited to match the original names length.
2. Franchise options are not available, only Roster.
3. PS2 works fine, but to get the XBOX to load correctly you will need to read the FAQ's in the help file.
4. I think if you change a kicker or punter to another position like qb, the attributes won't work right like in 2k5. I didn't code for this yet.

I'd love to see what we can create from this editor to make 2K4 enjoyable again. It will feel like a fresh game compared to 2K5.

NOTE: If a menu item doesn't do anything when clicking, it just means I haven't coded it yet.

Hope you guys enjoy!

EDIT: 11/8/14 - (v1.0.2)
1. Fixed an issue with Playbooks and Options not working correctly.
2. Fixed an issue when trying to load a player with greater than 99 attributes when Large Attributes setting is turned off.
Thanks GillBoldberg for the heads up!

EDIT: 11/9/14 - (v1.0.3)
1. New unlocked Challengers team. No playbook as I'm not sure where they are in the game save. (Find by navigating only. No right-click menu yet.) The other historic teams are in the editor, but just not organized into a team slot yet. This will come soon.
2. New Export to Xbox or PS2 option. (Located on Toolbar as icons.)
3. Fixed issue where default team was not loading correctly.
4. Fixed issue with Searching and loading playbooks.
5. Disabled Options which were not coded yet.

Newest Version
NFL 2k4 Editor v1.0.3
Another question: Where is the Help file that has the FAQs. I downloaded v1.0.3 only. Do I need v1.0.2 as well?
Old 11-11-2014, 06:58 PM   #10
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
Another question: Where is the Help file that has the FAQs. I downloaded v1.0.3 only. Do I need v1.0.2 as well?
I must have missed adding it to the Editor. I'll add it on my next release. I've also added the help file to my Files page below for you to download for the time being.

Using this editor for Xbox requires some extra work done to your Xbox console...

2k4 Help.chm
Old 11-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
I must have missed adding it to the Editor. I'll add it on my next release. I've also added the help file to my Files page below for you to download for the time being.

Using this editor for Xbox requires some extra work done to your Xbox console...

2k4 Help.chm
Thanks...unfortunately when I opened the help file I go into the sections like "getting started" and "Player attributes" there is no text in the section
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2014, 08:41 PM   #12
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

That's weird. I'll take a peek in a few.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:21 AM   #13
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

You may just need to run as administrator and make sure it's somewhere like your desktop.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:43 PM   #14
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

I've been working on a roster with the help of Javo's editor, so if anyone wants to help me test it a bit, let me know. It'll probably only be for the PS2 for now. Got 5 teams done and I've been having a ton of fun testing it. After playing 2K5 for so long, 2K4 feels like a brand new experience. I've actually seen a mishandled pitch, which led to a fumble and even a late hit penalty on the o-line. Seeing new things all the time.

Anyway, let me know if you want me to post it. Still tweaking things, since 2K4 plays a bit differently than 2K5.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:35 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
You may just need to run as administrator and make sure it's somewhere like your desktop.
Ok...Ill try that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2014, 02:32 AM   #16
Pro

Also..I noticed while playing the game the default run/pass percentaes need to be tweaked for each team. Dp you plan on creating a Coach column similar to Finns 2k5 so we can adjust percentages?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »