Home

New Press Release on ESPN NFL 2005

This is a discussion on New Press Release on ESPN NFL 2005 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2004, 09:45 PM   #49
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: New Press Release on ESPN NFL 2005

Quote:

njskillz said:
It all sounds like peaches and cream but honestly, did the running back really need any more ability to break tackles? Wasn't that THE glaring weakness of ESPN 2004? It mentioned "superstar" backs. Seems to me the Ricky Williams, and Marshal Faulks of the game had no troubles breaking tackles in ESPN 2004. I'm talking strictly from the online gamer perspective. I loved everything about ESPN 2004 with the exception of the running game.

I think the new Total Control Tackling system might make breaking tackles more difficult. Before, broken tackles were somewhat random, and all too prominent. It will probably take into acount momentum, and "effort" (put forth by the gamer), thus making you actually WORK in order to break a tackle.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:53 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

49ersrule23 said:
Quote:

8bit said:
"ESPN NFL 2005 will feature energetic Suzy Kolber as both sideline and post-game interview reporter."

Holy [censored], post game interviews!!!!! Ive been waiting for this in sports games since the days of the snes!!!

I love the part where franchise, we get to assign time to our offense and defensive work-outs

This might be the first time that this is ever done but I do remember seeing a preview of a ESPN game on the dreamcast with a locker room with a virtual Chris Mills giving an interview.

nba 2night
Old 04-28-2004, 10:09 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 18

i hope they tightened(sp) the passing game...imo, it was too easy to just zip every thing where ever i wanted it

i would not like to see how madden has lb's grabbing intow's out of nowhere...but that really has to do with the scaling of the feild and angle of the camera than anything else

i just want harder videogames from espn...please i need games that will last me basically to the next e3...late
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2004, 10:26 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
i hope they tightened(sp) the passing game...imo, it was too easy to just zip every thing where ever i wanted it

i would not like to see how madden has lb's grabbing intow's out of nowhere...but that really has to do with the scaling of the feild and angle of the camera than anything else

i just want harder videogames from espn...please i need games that will last me basically to the next e3...late

You must not have played online. Anyone can complete passes against the CPU. Not trying to rip you but I just can't see anyone who has played some of the better, honest gamers online complaining about the passing game being too easy.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:27 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 3

"On defense, players now have full control when making tackles where they can choose to go for the big highlight hit, or the textbook wrap-up on opponents. "

Quote:

RawkerOne said:
divide the tackle button into two buttons. a wrap tackle button and a hit tackle button, wrap is safer but less effective with lower tackle rated players, hit is riskier but more effective. would work the same as when defending the pass with the catch and block buttons and allow for user skill to over come the ratings game.

a big thanks to VC for listening to the T.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:30 PM   #54
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

RawkerOne said:
"On defense, players now have full control when making tackles where they can choose to go for the big highlight hit, or the textbook wrap-up on opponents. "

Quote:

RawkerOne said:
divide the tackle button into two buttons. a wrap tackle button and a hit tackle button, wrap is safer but less effective with lower tackle rated players, hit is riskier but more effective. would work the same as when defending the pass with the catch and block buttons and allow for user skill to over come the ratings game.

a big thanks to VC for listening to the T.

Good to know that they really ARE listening to us.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:31 PM   #55
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

w00t! thats all i can say
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2004, 10:34 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

jordan0386 said:

You must not have played online. Anyone can complete passes against the CPU. Not trying to rip you but I just can't see anyone who has played some of the better, honest gamers online complaining about the passing game being too easy.

lol....I thought the passing game was too hard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »