Home

VC, we love YOUR ideas! But a word of caution...

This is a discussion on VC, we love YOUR ideas! But a word of caution... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2004, 07:21 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: VC, we love YOUR ideas! But a word of caution...

Quote:

NYG_Meth said:
Quote:

Klue516 said:
Anybody know why VC didn't allow us to challenge a fumble, which just happens to be the most challenged call in the NFL?

Didn't they? I could've sworn they did.

Actually you can challenge it kinda. You can challenge if the QB arm was moving forward, and sometimes a WR will get hit really hard when he catches it and fumbles and you can challenge whether it is an incomplete pass or not IF you don't think your WR has made a football move. But as far as RB's running, there is no challenge for you to say, NO HIS KNEE WAS DOWN!!!! That would be pretty cool though. Maybe this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2004, 07:23 PM   #42
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

LBzrule said:
Quote:

NYG_Meth said:
Quote:

Klue516 said:
Anybody know why VC didn't allow us to challenge a fumble, which just happens to be the most challenged call in the NFL?

Didn't they? I could've sworn they did.

Actually you can challenge it kinda. You can challenge if the QB arm was moving forward, and sometimes a WR will get hit really hard when he catches it and fumbles and you can challenge whether it is an incomplete pass or not IF you don't think your WR has made a football move. But as far as RB's running, there is no challenge for you to say, NO HIS KNEE WAS DOWN!!!! That would be pretty cool though. Maybe this year

Yeah, that was what i was talking about....No challenging to see if the players knee is down...come'on VC your breaking my ballz here.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:38 PM   #43
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

wwharton said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

wwharton said:
most importantly, any request to VC right now may as well be the beginning of a 2k6 wishlist.

wwharton.... The undeniable logic and reason in many of your posts is painful to my ears... and my hopes.

... so most requests that aren't already implemented (I would think yours already is btw) would be considerations for 2k6.

Man, I hope you're talking about my "juke-move-as-basis-for-normal-change-of-direction-animation" idea.

lol, not the one i was talking about there but that's actually one i know was mentioned a few times quite a while ago so i wouldn't be surprised (i like that idea a lot too btw).

Klue, I'm hoping the whole challenge idea is expanded on. Last year was the first year and I think that's why it was, well, primative. For the most part it was pretty useless in terms of how challenges really are in the NFL.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:50 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

wwharton said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

wwharton said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

wwharton said:
most importantly, any request to VC right now may as well be the beginning of a 2k6 wishlist.

wwharton.... The undeniable logic and reason in many of your posts is painful to my ears... and my hopes.

... so most requests that aren't already implemented (I would think yours already is btw) would be considerations for 2k6.

Man, I hope you're talking about my "juke-move-as-basis-for-normal-change-of-direction-animation" idea.

lol, not the one i was talking about there but that's actually one i know was mentioned a few times quite a while ago so i wouldn't be surprised (i like that idea a lot too btw).

Klue, I'm hoping the whole challenge idea is expanded on. Last year was the first year and I think that's why it was, well, primative. For the most part it was pretty useless in terms of how challenges really are in the NFL.

i disagree...in 2k4...almost every other play could be challenged...its just that in the flow of the game...you wouldnt notice that on 3rd and 5...you picked up six...but its was marked as 4th and 1...just some little things
Old 05-01-2004, 02:24 PM   #45
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

you misread. the ability to challenge every play was there but the variability in potential incorrect calls was not. the majority of incorrect calls were on ball spots which is rarely challenged in the NFL. most of the things usually challenged in the nfl were options on the challenge menu but rarely if ever highlighted as options b/c they weren't variable in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »