Home

This is what you get for leaving the Niners TO(screw Sega)!!!

This is a discussion on This is what you get for leaving the Niners TO(screw Sega)!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2004, 07:32 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: This is what you get for leaving the Niners TO(screw Sega)!!!

its so obvious

over 40 custom celebrations

t.o knows for his celebrations

what do you think the first commercial is gonna show...you guest it...t.o doing dances in 2k5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2004, 07:50 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 12

TO should help ESPN sell more copies this year, but for us who already know how great the series is it doesn't matter even if Quincy Carter is on the cover
Old 05-01-2004, 07:53 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:

DonovanMD said:
The 49ers will win at least 7 games more likely 9 and without TO. Hes over rated. I hope he doesnt end up as the coverboy

please tell me how is TO overrated.

besides Randy or Marvin name a WR better than him
Old 05-01-2004, 07:56 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 11

why should a player who just had the worst season of his career be on the cover?
Old 05-01-2004, 08:15 PM   #29
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

8bit,

Good question, but ou have to aks yourself a few simple questions before you ask that question.

1. What were his stats compared to the stats of other wide receivers last year?

2. Waht are his cumilative stats compared to the cumilative stats of other reciever who have been in the league for the around the same amount of time that he has? (give or take a few years)

3. Is he a player who has attracted media attention of late?

4. Was he one of the 2004 Pro Bowl receivers? (if he can have the worst season of his career and stil make the Pro Bowl, what does that tell you?)

5. Is a lot expected out of him this year? Is he expected to be one of the "players to watch?" Is he expected to have a good season?

I can think of a bunch of other questions that you could ask that I would use as criteria, but by now you get the point. You actually asked a good question, but that question must me viewed in the proper context. Most glaringly is the fact that even after his worst season, he was still selected to the Pro Bowl.

I'm sure ESPN, when deciding to pick someone, thought also about this question: How likely is it that the person we put on the cover will play for a team that will be very successful this year and make a run deep into the playoffs?

You dig?
Old 05-01-2004, 10:17 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:

inkcil said:
8bit,

Good question, but ou have to aks yourself a few simple questions before you ask that question.

1. What were his stats compared to the stats of other wide receivers last year?

2. Waht are his cumilative stats compared to the cumilative stats of other reciever who have been in the league for the around the same amount of time that he has? (give or take a few years)

3. Is he a player who has attracted media attention of late?

4. Was he one of the 2004 Pro Bowl receivers? (if he can have the worst season of his career and stil make the Pro Bowl, what does that tell you?)

5. Is a lot expected out of him this year? Is he expected to be one of the "players to watch?" Is he expected to have a good season?

I can think of a bunch of other questions that you could ask that I would use as criteria, but by now you get the point. You actually asked a good question, but that question must me viewed in the proper context. Most glaringly is the fact that even after his worst season, he was still selected to the Pro Bowl.

I'm sure ESPN, when deciding to pick someone, thought also about this question: How likely is it that the person we put on the cover will play for a team that will be very successful this year and make a run deep into the playoffs?

You dig?

I agree with you that he is amazing and put up respectable numbers even through his worst season, but I feel there are more worthy athletes to put on the cover. Preist Holmes is my choice. Didn't he have a career threatening injury a year or two ago, and it waa debatable whether he would ever return to the NFL. Noone thought he would be the same. Well, last season not only did he bring back his amazing playstyle from years past, but he surpassed it greatly and set a record or two along the way. In my opinion noone, with the exception of Tom Brady, deserves the cover more.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:16 AM   #31
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Go sega Go TO !!!!

this could help sales or should i say marketing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2004, 05:06 AM   #32
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

8bit,

I hear what ya sayin. Having either Brady or Holmes on the cover would have recived no complaints from me. I think there arew about 10 players that would "make a lot of sense" to have on the cover, and those are two of them, with TO being a third.

I don't know if there's a "wrong" palyer to put on the cover (unless he really sucks), but with the last 2 covers having Urlacher and Sapp, I think it's time to put an offense player on the map.

Hey, here's a thought people....could anyone bear to see a Coach on the Cover? Like Gruden or Parcells? Would that even make sense to anyone? What are some thoughts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »