Home

This is what I hate about Sega.

This is a discussion on This is what I hate about Sega. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2004, 06:34 PM   #9
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: This is what I hate about Sega.

Plus, A LOT of people who aren't hardcore football fans know who TO is, so that player recognition will help adversting a bit.
Old 05-01-2004, 06:36 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 6

Even if they play commercial after commcerial the game still isn't called Madden so they won't get those fans who have recognized the madden name for a 10 years.
Old 05-01-2004, 06:39 PM   #11
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

nivek said:
Plus, A LOT of people who aren't hardcore football fans know who TO is, so that player recognition will help adversting a bit.

But if no one outside of the hardcore fans then all that recognition will be worth nothing. It is good that they have TO in the game but they need to show it off. I don't mean right now but they have shown that they don't like to advertise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2004, 06:56 PM   #12
H*ll *f F*m*

Quote:

SportsK1NG said:
Even if they play commercial after commcerial the game still isn't called Madden so they won't get those fans who have recognized the madden name for a 10 years.

I'm not talking about in terms of sales...I'm saying with TO, it will spark more intrest. Which in turn MIGHT bring sales up. But let's face it, VC can dump 10 million dollars into advertising, it STILL WON'T TOUCH MADDEN in terms of sales! Madden is apart of not only football, but American(and worldwide) culture. The name Madden is a machine...you can't stop it unless it chooses to stop itself. I think VC has realized this and it's now trying to tame the sales of Madden rather then trying to beat it. VC want's to be #1 in both sales and in terms of gameplay, but with respect to sales...it will be a while.
Old 05-01-2004, 06:59 PM   #13
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

nivek said:
Quote:

SportsK1NG said:

I'm not talking about in terms of sales...I'm saying with TO, it will spark more intrest. Which in turn MIGHT bring sales up. But let's face it, VC can dump 10 million dollars into advertising, it STILL WON'T TOUCH MADDEN in terms of sales! Madden is apart of not only football, but American(and worldwide) culture. The name Madden is a machine...you can't stop it unless it chooses to stop it's self. I think VC has realized this and it's now trying to tame the sales of Madden rather then trying to beat it. VC want's to be #1 in both sales and in terms of gameplay, but with respect to sales...it will be a while.

I know that, vc can't really win with sells but if they advertised at least a little more then they did last year then their sales would go up. They can't hope to sell more than madden when madden has been out 10-15 years longer and is out on 6 platforms.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:00 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 18

it doesnt matter to me...cause im not buying madden this year anyway...i'll play ball extensivly for those two weeks...i buy madden every yr...knowing i like 2k more...this trend is mute as of right now!
Old 05-01-2004, 07:01 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2

Jmood what has EA done? They released some screenshots and Sega did too. Calm down lil one Sega will go head 2 head this year with Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2004, 07:04 PM   #16
H*ll *f F*m*

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

nivek said:
Quote:

SportsK1NG said:

I'm not talking about in terms of sales...I'm saying with TO, it will spark more intrest. Which in turn MIGHT bring sales up. But let's face it, VC can dump 10 million dollars into advertising, it STILL WON'T TOUCH MADDEN in terms of sales! Madden is apart of not only football, but American(and worldwide) culture. The name Madden is a machine...you can't stop it unless it chooses to stop it's self. I think VC has realized this and it's now trying to tame the sales of Madden rather then trying to beat it. VC want's to be #1 in both sales and in terms of gameplay, but with respect to sales...it will be a while.

I know that, vc can't really win with sells but if they advertised at least a little more then they did last year then their sales would go up. They can't hope to sell more than madden when madden has been out 10-15 years longer and is out on 6 platforms.

The thing with that is, advertising more is pretty much useless. (and VC knows this) If they can't grab attention with the words ESPN in their games...then I dunno what else they can do. Yeah, sure Konami [censored] up the words "ESPN" in terms of videogames, but I'd say less 25% precent of the casual gamers actually remember how crappy those games are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »