Home

Player's progressing... not the way you guys want it, though

This is a discussion on Player's progressing... not the way you guys want it, though within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 10:06 AM   #1
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Player\'s progressing... not the way you guys want it, though

Look, this had always bothered me about what people say about player progression, and how it should work. Even though they're right, they took the wrong approach to it. Everybody on here thinks that their ratings affect the way they perform, when really it should be the other way around--where the way that they perform affects their ratings.

Basically, what I'm saying is that performance comes first, and how they play is how they should be rated. You don't look at the rating first and say how good or bad they are. So, basically, if someone's rated a 69, and gets 15 interceptions and 18 sacks in one year, you guys get mad because they don't progress. Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he get the 15 interceptions and the 18 sacks at a 69 rating? I mean, why do you need a higher rating just to show that you can do good? You just did awesome. That's what I'm saying... people look at the rating and say that it's not good enough, but really, look at how they're performing. So, the rating doesn't affect their performance, and while that guy should've gotten an uplift in how he was performing, that's how his ratings will be affected. The only way that I think that ratings should affect the way they perform is if you have a rookie that's just getting better and better as the years go by through training.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2004, 10:26 AM   #2
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Player progression

I just wanna ask, DO you read well there is another thread right above talking about the same thing.

Lock it up
Old 05-03-2004, 10:32 AM   #3
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Player progression

Quote:

FootballForever said:
I just wanna ask, DO you read well there is another thread right above talking about the same thing.

Lock it up

...I was thinking the same thing but he does bring up some great points
Old 05-03-2004, 11:56 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Player\'s progressing... not the way you guys want it, though

Quote:

Blzer said:
Look, this had always bothered me about what people say about player progression, and how it should work. Even though they're right, they took the wrong approach to it. Everybody on here thinks that their ratings affect the way they perform, when really it should be the other way around--where the way that they perform affects their ratings.

Basically, what I'm saying is that performance comes first, and how they play is how they should be rated. You don't look at the rating first and say how good or bad they are. So, basically, if someone's rated a 69, and gets 15 interceptions and 18 sacks in one year, you guys get mad because they don't progress. Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he get the 15 interceptions and the 18 sacks at a 69 rating? I mean, why do you need a higher rating just to show that you can do good? You just did awesome. That's what I'm saying... people look at the rating and say that it's not good enough, but really, look at how they're performing. So, the rating doesn't affect their performance, and while that guy should've gotten an uplift in how he was performing, that's how his ratings will be affected. The only way that I think that ratings should affect the way they perform is if you have a rookie that's just getting better and better as the years go by through training.

Ok, there's another thread but I have to reply to this here so it stays in context...

Think again. If rating were determined by the way you play, you wouldn't need ratings at all. Cause this way they wouldn't matter at all.

And thinking about the 68 OVR player, that's called an emerging of a player.

IMO, your post makes no sense at all (not meant in a hostile way). If it were like your suggesting, you could have a team full of 15 OVRs or 99 OVRs and nothing would change. Players would have no skill differences inside the game and all that'd matter would be your HUMAN player skills. And that would take away the whole point of playing franchise and building your team and so on.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:59 AM   #5
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Player\'s progressing... not the way you guys want it, though

OK, Fellas.

When someone posts a duplicate post, the only thing that keeps it alive is all the people replying to it to tell them it's a duplicate. Just let it go.

AND...

Comments like "do you read well" are considered FLAMING and will not be tolerated.

*LOCKED*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »