Home

The Power of "The BOX"

This is a discussion on The Power of "The BOX" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2004, 12:56 PM   #9
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: The Power of \"The BOX\"

Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Heh, heh, get 'im Meth.

How about the oft-mentioned.... Real-time dirty uniforms? Or at least some semblance of it. Where they don't ALL get dirty at the start of "X" quarter. Also, where they get a little dirty even in non-inclement weather, but FILTY in rain.

Footprints in snow? Splashing puddles? Voluminous snow?

Out of curiousity, why would they need a hard drive to add uni's that get dirty as the game progresses? The "other game"( ) has had this for several years, and it didn't require large amounts of disk space.

Yea, but think about all the other space hogs ESPN had last year that THE OTHER GAME didn't. Things like sharper textures, lighting, halftime shows, cutscenes, etc.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:02 PM   #10
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

NYG_Meth said:
Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Heh, heh, get 'im Meth.

How about the oft-mentioned.... Real-time dirty uniforms? Or at least some semblance of it. Where they don't ALL get dirty at the start of "X" quarter. Also, where they get a little dirty even in non-inclement weather, but FILTY in rain.

Out of curiousity, why would they need a hard drive to add uni's that get dirty as the game progresses? The "other game"( ) has had this for several years, and it didn't require large amounts of disk space.

Yea, but think about all the other space hogs ESPN had last year that THE OTHER GAME didn't. Things like sharper textures, lighting, halftime shows, cutscenes, etc.

So they couldn't add something as basic as uni's getting dirty during a game because it was more important to have halftime shows and some guy waving and saying "hi,mom"?

Sounds like a questionable design decision to me...
Old 05-03-2004, 01:03 PM   #11
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

I love the cut scenes and I'm glad they have more. But they;ll probably have lighting like splinter cell (not exactly but maybe it'll be sorta the same).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2004, 01:07 PM   #12

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

NYG_Meth said:
Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Heh, heh, get 'im Meth.

So they couldn't add something as basic as uni's getting dirty during a game because it was more important to have halftime shows and some guy waving and saying "hi,mom"?

I would much rather have the field getting dirty and having all the presentation then to have a jersey get dirty. That's not a high priority.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:08 PM   #13
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

NYG_Meth said:
Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Heh, heh, get 'im Meth.

I would much rather have the field getting dirty and having all the presentation then to have a jersey get dirty. That's not a high priority.

They're about to freak out on you, Jmood...
Old 05-03-2004, 01:10 PM   #14

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

NYG_Meth said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

NYG_Meth said:
Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Heh, heh, get 'im Meth.

I don't care. It isn't even like they only spent space on cut scenes and a halftime show. Like you said, they have better lighting and all kinds of other stuff in the game that might've used space or they just might not have had time to include it last year. The jersey's getting dirty is a minor thing (at least to me) and while it looks good, I really don't care about it that much.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:12 PM   #15
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

NYG_Meth said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

NYG_Meth said:
Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Heh, heh, get 'im Meth.

I don't care. It isn't even like they only spent space on cut scenes and a halftime show. Like you said, they have better lighting and all kinds of other stuff in the game that might've used space or they just might not have had time to include it last year. The jersey's getting dirty is a minor thing (at least to me) and while it looks good, I really don't care about it that much.

I agree, but I have a feeling we're the minority. Regardless, it'll probably be implemented this year, along with all the other goodies. Now EVERYONE can be happy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2004, 01:14 PM   #16

jmood88's Arena

Yeah, since they are using the xbox ( ), everything should be addressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »