Home

The Power of "The BOX"

This is a discussion on The Power of "The BOX" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2004, 12:37 PM   #65
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The Power of \"The BOX\"

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
A jersey getting dirty isn't important at all. You don't know why they didn't put it in, they might not have spent as much time on it.

No, I don't know why they didn't include it. My point was that it can be done, and I would rather have that than robotic cheerleaders or shirtless yahoos mugging for the camera.

Please don't take offense, but I've noticed you have a habit of stating things in absolutes(i.e. if it's not important to jmood, it can't be important). Other peoples opinions are as valid as yours. Just something for you to think about.

I never said that you couldn't care about it but you are acting like this is going to ruin the game. All it is is a jersey getting dirty. The cut scenes and everything else add to the atmosphere and if they don't have anything but what's on the field then the game starts to get boring.

I see what both of you guys are saying but i'll have to agree with Jmood on this one....cut scenes added a ton of atmosphere and new flavor to the game that hadn't ever been seen before...well not in previous Madden or 2k games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2004, 12:59 PM   #66
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

jerseys getting dirty is really no big deal at all, the gameplay is whats matters the most, plus after like two games you won't even paying attetion to that anyway.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:00 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

You may indeed agree with him, but the bottom line is that it's still an opinion. To y'all, the cutscenes add more to the game, to others the dirty uniforms do.

I'd tend to think that VC is interested in making their game unique, so it may tend to focus more on things that it has that other games don't (the cutscenes). But again, that being said, doesn't lessen the importance of dirty uniforms which is part of the game of football as well.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:09 PM   #68
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I just fail to believe...when they're using 6,000 polys per player and have the disposal of processors out the ***...that they can't put little brown and green marks on a player's jersey whe he hits the ground.

Maybe my small mind can't possibly understand the trouble it would cause, but it sounds simple to me.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:19 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

Rocky said:
I just fail to believe...when they're using 6,000 polys per player and have the disposal of processors...that they can't put little brown and green marks on a player's jersey whe he hits the ground.

Me too, my friend, meeeeee too.

I have a feeling though that XBOX'ers will see it. And see it well done too. I have nothing to base that statement on but hope, though.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:42 PM   #70
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
You may indeed agree with him, but the bottom line is that it's still an opinion. To y'all, the cutscenes add more to the game, to others the dirty uniforms do.

I'd tend to think that VC is interested in making their game unique, so it may tend to focus more on things that it has that other games don't (the cutscenes). But again, that being said, doesn't lessen the importance of dirty uniforms which is part of the game of football as well.

I see what you mean, but i was trying to explain to him that the amount of animations in ESPN compared to Madden make it alot harder to implement progressive dirty uniforms so he respond by saying that VC should get rid of the cut scenes...and thats a no-no IMO.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:10 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

Klue516 said:
I see what you mean, but i was trying to explain to him that the amount of animations in ESPN compared to Madden make it alot harder to implement progressive dirty uniforms so he respond by saying that VC should get rid of the cut scenes...and thats a no-no IMO.

It may be harder, but with the great and powerful OZ, I mean, XBOX, it can be done. At least better than it is now.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »