Home

for those who played NFL 2k4 (stats question)

This is a discussion on for those who played NFL 2k4 (stats question) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2004, 05:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
for those who played NFL 2k4 (stats question)

I was just curious how realistic the statistics where for user played gamees in last years version. I usualy get Madden for realism, but after reading the article in IGN im seriously thinking about switching to ESPN. How realistic where the tackle numbers, sacks, yards achieved in the running game and passing game? Also how was the difficulty? Was the computer a push-over? After reading about the presentation i realy hope that ESPN provides some realistic gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2004, 06:01 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: for those who played NFL 2k4 (stats question)

You have to tinker with the gameplay sliders in order to make it really realistic. With the normal difficulty settings they usally don't come out right. But once you do the sliders it is perfect.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:49 PM   #3
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

SportsK1NG said:
You have to tinker with the gameplay sliders in order to make it really realistic. With the normal difficulty settings they usally don't come out right. But once you do the sliders it is perfect.

Well...pretty close to perfect...VC really needs to competely re-haul their sim stat engine because the current one really sucks monkey nutz IMO.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:25 PM   #4
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

If you are really into stats, you should know that ESPN does not organize them nearly as well as the EA football games. You can't breakdown stats by conference/division. You have one big table of stats instead of the nice categories you may be used to. A few things are missing as well like team turnovers.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why in the stats for a single game, you have yards gained for both teams in addition to yards given up. This statistical redundancy has been around since the Dreamcast days.

Stats are a definate improvement opportunity for 2k5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »