Home

Speculation of Sega E3 Big Announcement!!!!

This is a discussion on Speculation of Sega E3 Big Announcement!!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2004, 05:50 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Speculation of Sega E3 Big Announcement!!!!

Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
I think the whole topic/thread is interesting. I'm looking forward to finding out what Sega's up to, and I hope that it benefits me somehow.

my sentiments exactly!
Old 05-10-2004, 07:08 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 4

well--to the specualtions on this thread!-if sega does the ms/exclusive thing with vc--then count me out as a footballgamer until they start making games for my system of choice ..or i find a good experience in a new companies product...vc is a treasure--but like someone said,they ain't the only company around,and 5 sports titles will not make me switch consoles-to a system i don't want& throw away my game collection of excellent titles--this is not a thread about sports games,it's about sega's so called announcment & it's relationship to consumers,systems,and espn sports games.....they do the exclusive with these sports games they lose that's how i see it.....1
Old 05-10-2004, 08:40 AM   #19
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

solja- my point exactly.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:07 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:

FootballForever said:
solja- my point exactly.

Said like a couple of true PS2 guys. That's what has kept anyone (including VC) from taking advantage of the XBox thus far, producing nothing but PS2 ports instead. I for one would be glad to see another XBox exclusive developer, someone who develops for the XBox and ports what it can over to the PS2. No offense, but to hell with you guys. Besides, if VC or some other company were to develop a football title that took full advantage of the XBox hardware, I'm sure your respective PS2s would be up on EBay before no time.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:29 AM   #21
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
Quote:

FootballForever said:
solja- my point exactly.

Said like a couple of true PS2 guys. That's what has kept anyone (including VC) from taking advantage of the XBox thus far, producing nothing but PS2 ports instead. I for one would be glad to see another XBox exclusive developer, someone who develops for the XBox and ports what it can over to the PS2. No offense, but to hell with you guys. Besides, if VC or some other company were to develop a football title that took full advantage of the XBox hardware, I'm sure your respective PS2s would be up on EBay before no time.

When I speculated on VC being an inhouse developer that means they'd merge with MS so it would still only be one company working for them.

As for this "spoken like true PS2 guys" stuff. Well at least we have loyalty to our system of choice. Tho i'm seriously thinking of getting the xbox-next when the new consoles come out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2004, 11:43 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7

XBOX rocks!! its about time we dont get ps2 ports--holding us back.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:49 AM   #23
Rookie

Jeremy_Stein's Arena

OVR: 12

I posted this in another thread, but I'll paraphrase here:

VC is not merging or being sold or whatever. If they are, that is not the big announcement Sega is making.

Why? Well, for one, VC/espn video games guys are not being secretive about their moniker change. I visited their offices in March, and some guys still had VC cards, others had ESPN video games biz cards. It's no secret.

For two, VC is working on a secret game. I took a tour of their offices, even got to walk through their giant play testing room (it's like a cafeteria filled with awesome-ness) in March. Saw Dan and Peter recrding commentary and walked in as a guy was texturing a player's face for NBA 2005 ... but they wouldn't let me in to this one room. Do I sound like Beta X yet?

My guide, a very nice ESPN Vid games/VC PR guy just pointed to this room, which was totally independent from the rest of the offices, and said something to the effect of: "I can't let you near there. We're making a game in there. I can't tell you what it is. Nobody knows, it's super secret. It's not necessarily a sports game. Keep this in mind: VC got its start making non-sports games."

I said something like: "Yeah, like Clayfighter," and he chuckled. Now who knows if it's a new Clayfighter game or the Floigan Brothers 2: The Revenge. I remember IGN hinting that it is probably a sequel to a classic game, and I don't doubt it is.

But the big *** secret announcement is not a merger, unless Sega has another announcement up their sleeves. Seeing as "Big *** Secret Game Announcement" was listed on Sega's E3 games lineup on IGN, I'm almost certain it's a game, and VC is making it, but it's not a sports title.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:26 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

You da man, jdawg.

Hopefully I'll win the contest and get to tour ESPN Videogames myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »