Home

ESPN Football graphics still need some work

This is a discussion on ESPN Football graphics still need some work within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2004, 11:03 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: ESPN Football graphics still need some work

I agree that Madden has better looking grass/turf, but as far as player models go...ESPN has it imo. I mean, until madden adjusts the skin color of players such as TO and Randy Moss, they are not better...imo.
Old 05-09-2004, 11:07 PM   #34
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

spankdatazz22 said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
anybody else have thoughts on why only 2 players in most of the Madden Screens?

Because Madden's current game engine doesn't do a good job at depicting player interaction.

Yep. I came to that same conclusion earlier. on pg 2.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:18 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

spankdatazz22 said:
Because Madden's current game engine doesn't do a good job at depicting player interaction.

Allegedly Madden has improved at least its bump-and-run interaction. So hopefully it's not a kill yourself move anymore to bump receivers. But otherwise there indeed is no programmed interaction with players except OL/DL which isn't too good and tackling.

In the ign preview they do say though that the DL isn't only there for rushing the passer anymore so while there might not be better interaction animations the result might be better.

Btw, the colors seem to be wrong in both games now. ESPN is better but not right and Madden has almost all shades wrong now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2004, 05:19 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

HOPEFULLY IM WRONG
Old 05-10-2004, 07:14 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 4

madden has better fie ld n colors...look at that washed up blurry crowd and background!!-wtf is that supposed to be a stadium..

n some guy stated the colors are like sega dreamcast.don't fool yourself-the dreamcast versions were spot on with all the colors and metallic look..!see some screen shots of 2k-2k2 on dreamcast boy!..they messed up since jumping to ps2 & xbox u know nothing bumm.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:48 AM   #38
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Blue_Monkey said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

spankdatazz22 said:

Allegedly Madden has improved at least its bump-and-run interaction. So hopefully it's not a kill yourself move anymore to bump receivers.

Yeah it remains to be seen if the alleged improvements have been made but from the vids I've seen so far...it doesn't show any significant changes or upgrades as far interaction is concerned. I guess we'll whats really going on during E3.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:35 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

I agree with the sega player models being flat. I wish they would have gave the players a more real like shape. But I still prefer espn graphics over madden. Madden player models look like bobble heads and does not make me feel like im playing authentic football. Playing madden seems like your polaying some kiddy cartoon game.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:48 AM   #40
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Fellas Fellas.... Why in the heck do you complain sooo much...Just be thankfull that the Graphics are the best we got right now...These people work so hard to get them right...I'm tired of hearing The Players fingers aren't shaped right, the crowd looks bad, the light in the top right isn't on, come on guys...They will never get a game perfect like you want

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »