Home

ESPN Football graphics still need some work

This is a discussion on ESPN Football graphics still need some work within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2004, 08:52 AM   #41
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: ESPN Football graphics still need some work

Quote:

solja said:
madden has better fie ld n colors...look at that washed up blurry crowd and background!!-wtf is that supposed to be a stadium..

n some guy stated the colors are like sega dreamcast.don't fool yourself-the dreamcast versions were spot on with all the colors and metallic look..!see some screen shots of 2k-2k2 on dreamcast boy!..they messed up since jumping to ps2 & xbox u know nothing bumm.

Somebody is color blind
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2004, 11:22 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

solja said:
madden has better fie ld n colors...look at that washed up blurry crowd and background!!-wtf is that supposed to be a stadium..

n some guy stated the colors are like sega dreamcast.don't fool yourself-the dreamcast versions were spot on with all the colors and metallic look..!see some screen shots of 2k-2k2 on dreamcast boy!..they messed up since jumping to ps2 & xbox u know nothing bumm.

Somebody is color blind

... Actually...

Now, the saint's and the niners (especially the niners) look more TAN than gold. (See Gooberstabone's helmets and accessories thread.)

Yeah, and of course ESPN can improve on it's graphics. But the Madden comparisons are unnecessary. The game should only be compared to how well it simulates the real NFL.

That being said, another seemingly simple thing that they could do is to depict the uniforms hanging over the sides of ALL the players-- even thin ones, though just a little bit. Nobody's uniform can be tucked in that perfectly as solja complains about. Look at that new Carson Palmer pic. It comes to a perfect point at his waist.

That would help to add to the illusion of 3-D.

Maybe what they could do would be to break the chest area of the player models up into two halves. The top half would end beneath the sternum, and the bottom half at the waist. Like one of those 30 and 60 point-articulated action figures that can bend in the chest area. Of course we would not see a big SEAM or anything, but in the skeletal architecture underneath it would be there. In the wire-frame.

The top half would stick out a bit and the bottom half would stick out too, depending on how fat the player is. But it would stick out independent of the top half.(Picture a side view of this.)

In this way the numbers on the torso, front and back, would be split too, and when a player would bend, the numbers and wrinkles would move in a realistic way.

This extra point of articulation would allow better animations too, because then the players would be more "flexible" looking, even arching their backs more when say jumping up and streching to make a tough catch. Or say getting hit from the side with a crushing MAXIMUM TACKLE hit, the upper half of the body could bend in the direction of the blow, making the hit look that much more devestating.

Can y'all see what I'm trying to say? I can picture it in my mind perfectly, but I don't know if I'm getting my point across well.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:26 AM   #43
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Hi guys...

A reminder to keep this topic on ESPN. This is the ESPN forum. The "M Word" shouldn't even be in this thread.

P.S. We've all seen the screenies. Why did they need to be posted in the first post? Seems like a HUUUUGE waste of bandwidth from a Non-Donating Poster.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:34 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Hi guys...

A reminder to keep this topic on ESPN. This is the ESPN forum. The "M Word" shouldn't even be in this thread.

P.S. We've all seen the screenies. Why did they need to be posted in the first post? Seems like a HUUUUGE waste of bandwidth from a Non-Donating Poster.

*** Gooberstabone picks up face off floor. ***

Ouch, Clay.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:32 PM   #45
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

marq said:
I agree that Madden has better looking grass/turf, but as far as player models go...ESPN has it imo. I mean, until madden adjusts the skin color of players such as TO and Randy Moss, they are not better...imo.

well untill espn can get the eagles jersey color right along with many others as well as the stadiums then they still need work to do just as much as madden!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2004, 04:35 PM   #46
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

PSU said:
Quote:

marq said:
I agree that Madden has better looking grass/turf, but as far as player models go...ESPN has it imo. I mean, until madden adjusts the skin color of players such as TO and Randy Moss, they are not better...imo.

well untill espn can get the eagles jersey color right along with many others as well as the stadiums then they still need work to do just as much as madden!

Why do they need to work on the stadiums?
Old 05-10-2004, 04:49 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Hi guys...

yea i don't donate i did ask if they would sell the site or HALF of the site and never got a response. why would i donate? if i disagree with a mod i will be banned and thatss not right. if this site was fair without the overagressive mods i would donate no problem.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:53 PM   #48
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Dagreat1 said:
Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Hi guys...

yea i don't donate i did ask if they would sell the site or HALF of the site and never got a response. why would i donate? if i disagree with a mod i will be banned and thatss not right. if this site was fair without the overagressive mods i would donate no problem.

Please don't start this same argument again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »