Home

Why doesn't ESPN concentrate on big things

This is a discussion on Why doesn't ESPN concentrate on big things within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2004, 08:50 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Why doesn\'t ESPN concentrate on big things

Personally, I'd rather be burning some stadium music in my crib than setting vendor prices in my owner franchise mode. To each his own, I guess.

Then again, I know what ESPN's gameplay will be like (better than the year before's, which was better than the year before that.) It's really kind've ludicrous to say that Madden is pushing the gameplay envelope more than VC, and not the other way around. If we were waiting on EA to get rid of the 30 yard drop back for QBs, "Mario Running," etc., we'd still be waiting.

I'm sure I'll buy and enjoy Madden, but c'mon man. Ya gotta give credit where credit is due (VC).

Peace.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:53 PM   #18
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

ZXLT said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

ZXLT said:
Yeah just like last year when they only added gimmicks like First Person Football and the Crib and didn't address the gameplay at all...

The crib and first person aren't gimmicks and they fixed the sack issue, the pressure from the dline, the fact that recievers dropped the ball so much, there was no momentum period, fixed the db coverage and alot more.

I know, I was being sarcastic....

Don't worry, it takes jmood a little bit later than the rest of us to compute
Old 05-12-2004, 08:55 PM   #19
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

ZXLT said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

ZXLT said:
Yeah just like last year when they only added gimmicks like First Person Football and the Crib and didn't address the gameplay at all...

The crib and first person aren't gimmicks and they fixed the sack issue, the pressure from the dline, the fact that recievers dropped the ball so much, there was no momentum period, fixed the db coverage and alot more.

How am I supposed to determine if he is being sarcastic or not when alot of the madden fanboys say the exact same thing? Shut up.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:13 PM   #20
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

ZXLT said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

ZXLT said:

How am I supposed to determine if he is being sarcastic or not when alot of the madden fanboys say the exact same thing? Shut up.

Because when people read and use their brains, they are supposed to notice if someone is being sarcastic.

Shush up or go to Hell.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:15 PM   #21

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

ZXLT said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

ZXLT said:

Because when people read and use their brains, they are supposed to notice if someone is being sarcastic.

Shush up or go to Hell.

So now, when you read you should be able to sense the tone of a person through written words? If you hadn't noriced, one of the main problems of message boards is not being able to tell if a person is being serious or if they are joking. And all this was, was a misunderstanding. I can tell if it's something obvious but like I said before, what he said isn't anything different then what most madden fanboys say. Calm down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2004, 09:19 PM   #22
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48

C'mon guys, enough with the finger pointing. Let's get back on topic. The secretary of the playmaker nation fighting with the king of college football.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:20 PM   #23

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

hdaniel1 said:
C'mon guys, enough with the finger pointing. Let's get back on topic. The secretary of the playmaker nation fighting with the king of college football.

Lol. I'm sorry.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:41 PM   #24
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

ZXLT said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

ZXLT said:

Shush up or go to Hell.

So now, when you read you should be able to sense the tone of a person through written words? If you hadn't noriced, one of the main problems of message boards is not being able to tell if a person is being serious or if they are joking. And all this was, was a misunderstanding. I can tell if it's something obvious but like I said before, what he said isn't anything different then what most madden fanboys say. Calm down.

Everybody else noticed he was being sarcastic. I know we have some people on here that are questionable but this time wasn't the case.

And how you gonna tell me to calm down when you told me to "Shut up"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »