Home

NFL 2k4 AI Playcalling??

This is a discussion on NFL 2k4 AI Playcalling?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 11-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
NFL 2k4 AI Playcalling??

Now that 2k4 is back on the map, we are noticing heavy run %'s from the AI. I haven't been able to find anything the gamesave file which would dictate the Coach play style like in 2k5.

Anyone know if playbooks are the trick or any other way to adjust AI playcalling in 2k4? I know the Franchise allows you to tweak your team's playcalling styles, but not for the AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2014, 09:01 PM   #2
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NFL 2k4 AI Playcalling??

In my own 2k4 I've added playbook that have more like 60-70 percent passing plays, as well as don't formations with just passing plays. It definetly forces the AI to pass more often. I got through a half against josh mccown and the bus in which they passed 20+ times only ran 10 or so times. So playbooks help in my opinion, but only reason I played just a half is because when I was editing the playbooks, and added nickle and dime defensive formations. The formations in game would still be a 4-3 defense so 3 linebackers 4 defensive backs. Which isn't the way a nickle and dime defenses are aligned. Maybe a minor glitch. when I can get back on and check I'll update you. I think playbooks should be fine I used it to get more running plays and higher percentage pass plays in 2k5 don't know why it wouldn't work in 2k4

Last edited by chibears96; 11-28-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:52 AM   #3
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Ok, so I took the general playbook and deleted all running plays except leaving two running plays per formation.. And in the first game with both teams using these playbooks. The broncos and the 49ers all pro 10 min quarters in the rain. Peyton manning threw it 43 times and they ran it 26 times. While the niners behind most of the hand threw it 40 times and ran 13 times. Play books definitely affect AI's decision making lol or I just took away so many running plays they were forced to pass i don't know more testing for 2k4
Old 11-29-2014, 08:50 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

That makes perfect sense. This will most likely be the way to go in order to make heavy passing teams play like their real life counter parts.

2k5 had more options for the coach, based on what the menus show. I'm still digging through the hex and may find more but at least we know playbooks are an option.

I did notice if you can stop the cpu's run or if you take a lead of two or more scores, the cpu will throw more often.

Thanks for the research!
Old 12-03-2014, 03:13 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
Ok, so I took the general playbook and deleted all running plays except leaving two running plays per formation.. And in the first game with both teams using these playbooks. The broncos and the 49ers all pro 10 min quarters in the rain. Peyton manning threw it 43 times and they ran it 26 times. While the niners behind most of the hand threw it 40 times and ran 13 times. Play books definitely affect AI's decision making lol or I just took away so many running plays they were forced to pass i don't know more testing for 2k4
So for right now the only way to get the CPU to throw more is to give them a different playbook?

Last edited by kzdwfy; 12-03-2014 at 03:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #6
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
So for right now the only way to get the CPU to throw more is to give them a different playbook?
Don't know have to talk to javo to see if he's found anything, but the playbooks i tried to make defensive formations are messed up(3 linebackers even in nickle dime packages.) so you can edit a current in game default playbook and take out maybe 60-70% of running plays and you've got a high passing offense like the test i did takes like 5 minutes.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:24 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

If we are talking Franchise mode, There are coach sliders there that impact sim stats, and possibly in game
Old 01-20-2015, 07:26 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
If we are talking Franchise mode, There are coach sliders there that impact sim stats, and possibly in game
Tried the gameplan coach sliders for run/pass in franchise mode and no luck. Tried the sliders both ways. Looks like this only assists you in simulation games. My last and final attempt to get more passing out of the CPU is to see if I can change the CPU playbook in franchise mode. If I can not it will finally be time turn in my Xbox lol. Love the game but the run heavy playcalling is extremely irritating

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »