Home

Limited E3 Impressions from a Regualar Joe

This is a discussion on Limited E3 Impressions from a Regualar Joe within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2004, 07:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Limited E3 Impressions from a Regualar Joe

I would just like to say that I just got home from E3 and i had the pleasure of playing both Madden 2005 & ESPN NFL 2005. Let me say thank you to Microsoft(Booth) for having both ESPN & Madden in the same area, makes it easy to run from one to the other for comparisons. Anyways for the Franchise/Purists, etc I'm sorry but there was no Sega reps providing any info on Franchise/Challenge System/Running Animation Improvements, etc. Maybe it would have helped if I went to the Sega booth, but I had no time. Gameplay wise I was extremely pleased with how the game felt and reacted. Smooth transition from switiching players while on defense and while running the ball. I noticed that whenever I juked/cut it wasn't forced, it was pretty smooth(Faulk). Also, whether your in traffic on a dive play or sweep, the key is to cut @ the right time or you will get killed. I was playing as the Rams vs Panthers and on one specific play I ran a sweep right and was able to juke Julius Peppers. I then tried to cut back to this huge opening on the left(beautiful plant and cut(no sliding effect). With all the speed @ agility of Faulk I was hammered by Jason Sehorn and fumbled. No more super backs rumbling for 200-300 yrds per game. The defense's A.I. is really, really, really good. I could only take a 3-5 step drop b4 the pocket as closing on me. I was sacked/knocked down many times, mostly for waiting for my receiver to get into his route. I should have known this is a NO, NO against the D-Line of the Panthers lol...Quarters were only 2 minutes long, not long enough to get a real lather, but not as bad a the 1 minute Madden quarters which was a bit disappointing(Not the Game just the time to play)Finally, I know tht this is not a big deal to a lot of people, but I'm sorry ESPN NFL 2005 IS THE BEST LOOKING/SOUNDING GAME I HAVE EVERRRRR SEEN/HEARD IN MY LIFE. The pics/videoslisted on all the sites do it NO Justice whatsoever. Yeah I know the flat screens showing 420 this @ 720 that makes it look better than it would on my 19" RCA TV. I don't care, I could see someone literally purchasing this just for the graphics/sound. Jerseys, skin tone, helmets(nicely rounded & pure shine) tons & tons of animations, stadiums, lighting, sky, turf, etc. I almost forgot the cutscenes/fans, BRILLIANT, JUT BRILLIANT!! Chris Berman Pre-Game was great, they even had his tupe/tupei witht he hair combed over to the side(golden!!)No halftime show unfortunately, the fans fighting going back & foth to their seats from the aisle, to the peanut/popcorn guy throwing you a bag as he makes his way through your section. The tailgaters prior to the game, the fans high fiveing you when you score in the end zone. i know ESPN NFL 2005 may never surpass Madden in the average gamer world but I was just so impressed how every year they seem to push harder & try to us with never seen b4 graphics, sound and improved gameplay.Great Job, this year will be heaven for all of us with these new titles, both great in their own way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2004, 07:13 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Limited E3 Impressions from a Regualar Joe

Thanks Regular Joe!!
Old 05-13-2004, 07:23 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Did the game have the evade feature in it?
Old 05-13-2004, 07:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I believe it did, the person I was playing against side stepped me when I tried to blitz and burned me for 6. He pupmed faked, stepped up in the pocket and drilled a pass to Steve Smith. Caught me off guard, I was starting to celebrate prematurely and everyone laughed when he was dancing in the end zone lol...
Old 05-13-2004, 07:39 PM   #5
Rookie

sportzhead's Arena

OVR: 5

Did you see any on field measurements by the officials?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2004, 07:43 PM   #6
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

sportzhead said:

yes there is the chain gang.

evade features were in and shown to us.

i got a ton of pics, just have to upload them
Old 05-13-2004, 07:54 PM   #7
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Bacardi151 said:
Quote:

sportzhead said:

yes there is the chain gang.

evade features were in and shown to us.

i got a ton of pics, just have to upload them

You could send some of them to me and I'll post them.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:29 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 11

do you have vidoes as well?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »