Home

Question about the Living Rosters

This is a discussion on Question about the Living Rosters within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2004, 03:11 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Question about the Living Rosters

Yeah that is curious the thing about VC admins.

Wonder how frequently they will monitor things. Will they hold up trades from being finalized pending VC admin. approval?

Seems like a costly thing to do, to have people administer leagues rather than trusting league gamers to play realistically.

But trades aren't that big a part of the NFL. Free agency obviously is but will it include the offseason FA signings or just let you do in-season FA pickups off the waiver wire?

And what happens with official roster updates? Say your league starts with the first roster and then have some trades and other significant personnel moves. Then a few weeks later, the official roster comes up. Does someone have to manually incorporate the league-specific changes each time you get an official roster?

Will official roster updates show real NFL injuries, meaning you couldn't use them in the league for the corresponding weeks? Or is there some workaround where people just sub in a player who's injured in real life?
Old 05-15-2004, 03:13 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I dont want created players, next thing you know your playing a guy who has created 10 99rated players, just another way to cheese unless im missing something?

Im sure the guys from OS play right anyway and dont cheese, so I guess play people you know and its not a problem anyway.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:21 PM   #11
Banned

I don't know, it could be brutal to play the 49ers in leagues this year, unless the roster updates give them more respect.

One 99 player can't be that bad, could it?

Let everyone create themselves and only themselves and put them on their team. Could be fun to see which positions people choose and what they think of themselves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2004, 03:22 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 6

A 99 running back, wide reciver, or a QB with a 99 speed/awarness/evade rating could ruin a game.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:27 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

I don't know, it could be brutal to play the 49ers in leagues this year, unless the roster updates give them more respect.

I still have faith I can contend against some of the best with the Niners
Old 05-15-2004, 03:35 PM   #14
Banned

Maybe one 99 player can ruin the balance of the game. But you could have a normal league and a fun league where you employ some more liberal rules.

Actually, a league composed of rosters from a fantasy draft could be fun too.

Not as your only or main sim league but as a secondary "fun" league where you change things up a bit.

Then again, I think some "sim" leagues may try to incorporate all kinds of wild trades and free agent movements.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:52 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

After speaking with Anthony chau friday he said the way they ae going to handle ppl trying to put 99 rated players is like this say you have a running back he will only be able to be perfect in maybe one category they are going to limit the amounr of points you can use for those types of players. This is the best way to do it the best way to describe it this: if you had a bball player he can be an excellent rebounder but he wont be the best shooter,passer,dunker,and defender he will only be able to excel in certain areas not everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2004, 04:11 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 6

Thats good.. you shouldn't be able to have 94 speed 93 agility and then 98 power.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »