Home

EA and NFLPA deal

This is a discussion on EA and NFLPA deal within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 01:22 AM   #17
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA and NFLPA deal

Quote:

JohnDoe8865 said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Nutzzz414 said:
They have exclusive rights with NASCAR. The NFLPA has the right to sell their product to who ever they like. It is not like microsoft because if they can prove that it benefits them, it can't be stopped. This would be a case of two businesses making a deal.

Nobody cares about nascar.

Wrong. Try Again.

Old 05-15-2004, 01:23 AM   #18
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

JohnDoe8865 said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Nutzzz414 said:
They have exclusive rights with NASCAR. The NFLPA has the right to sell their product to who ever they like. It is not like microsoft because if they can prove that it benefits them, it can't be stopped. This would be a case of two businesses making a deal.

Wrong. Try Again.

Ok.

Old 05-15-2004, 01:23 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Nutzzz414 said:

That's not the point. The point is that the NFLPA has the right to sell or not sell their rights to anybody they want. No court will say that "the NFLPA has to let ESPN use their players". Actually this is the courts so they can probaly if they wanted to. BUt I don't think they can or will. And I'm pretty sure that there is SOMEBODY in the dixie area who loves NASCAR
Old 05-15-2004, 01:25 AM   #20

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

Nutzzz414 said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Nutzzz414 said:

That's not the point. The point is that the NFLPA has the right to sell or not sell their rights to anybody they want. No court will say that "the NFLPA has to let ESPN use their players". Actually this is the courts so they can probaly if they wanted to. BUt I don't think they can or will. And I'm pretty sure that there is SOMEBODY in the dixie area who loves NASCAR

I was kidding. What I meant was that the nfl and nascar are two different things. Nobody made a nascar game(to my knowledge) and ea getting the nascar license really didn't matter.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:26 AM   #21
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

JohnDoe8865 said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Nutzzz414 said:

Wrong. Try Again.

Ok.

I hate to tell ya son, but it's the fastest growing sport in America.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2004, 01:26 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:

joeboo said:
Quote:

Nutzzz414 said:

That's what I'm saying. I realize this happened with the NASCAR game so it can happen with any game. However, it's still speculation at this time so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

What surprises me is that EA must be offering a TON of money to the NFLPA for them to only sign with one company or there's something strange about this. My guess is that the NFLPA gets a % of money from the sale of each game.

WIth both EA and VC making their respecitve games with the NFLPA license, I would think the NFLPA would get the most money. WIth only one making an NFL game, it seems to me that the revenue coming back to the NFLPA would be less.

The other X factor is no one really seems to know how big ESPN's tie is to VC's game. EA would be bending ESPN over just as much as it would VC by entering some deal with EA. Maybe ESPN's stake isn't that big, I dunno.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:27 AM   #23

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

JohnDoe8865 said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

JohnDoe8865 said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Nutzzz414 said:

Wrong. Try Again.

Ok.

I hate to tell ya son, but it's the fastest growing sport in America.

I'm kidding. And don't call me son. You aren't my dad and you don't know me.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:29 AM   #24
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Nobody made a nascar game(to my knowledge) and ea getting the nascar license really didn't matter.

There are no NASCAR games
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »