Home

An Important Option for the Game

This is a discussion on An Important Option for the Game within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2004, 10:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
An Important Option for the Game

Does anyone know if VC/ESPN developer's added the a 2 or more player in the franchise and or career modes this year? To be more specific, the ability to have 2 seperate user's, control 2 seperate teams in the SAME franchis/career. Such as Fever let you, and Madden did too.I've banned Madden and Fever is not coming out this fall. So I have to go with this game. I have waited many, many years for this option to be implimented into thier games. First back when SEGA had control and now with ESPN/VC at the helm. It's been what 5 to 6 maybe more years that this feature has been overlooked for some "other features" in the games. This has been this way not just for the football games, but EACH AND EVERY sports game title to come out for Sega and now VC is not doing anything either! I've bought numerous different sports games for many years and hoped that the 2 player feature was in "this game this time"? But, all that was shot to hell when 6 games for that particular year didn't have it? This went on for some time till I got fed up buying the games anymore! I don't play on-line so that feature to me is useless. The "strange" game camera's I don't play with so there is another waste of gaming development. My brother and I love sports but HATE to have 2 SEPERATE SAVED GAMES GOING AT DIFFERENT TIMES! There is NO fun in that at all! As I mentioned above Fever let you take ALL the teams in a career if you wanted to without ANY problems. Madden does the same thing. I am angry because it's just not the football that we play. It's baseball, basktball, hockey, and college football that we enjoy too. I despise EA and Sega/VC has given no other options on the gaming field when each and every year now for 6 to 7 years has not done anything in their games but what IMO is "silly side work" instead of developing a 2 player mode!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2004, 10:26 AM   #2
Pro

Re: An Important Option for the Game

uhm buddy this is in espn nfl 2k4.......u mean multiplayer fracnhise!

in 2k4 when u enter frachise mode and it say's pick team..u can check as many boxes as u want & u can control all those teams...
Old 05-16-2004, 10:27 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

He wants to know if 2 players can control 2+ teams each.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:33 AM   #4
Pro

just choose 4 teams,,unles he want's player 1 & payer 2 to pick teams seperatally and player 1 cannot interfear with player 2's menu's.....only player 2 can do so from 2nd controler or his user name...like a racing game or fighting game...then go to espnvideogames site and send in the idea to vc...1
Old 05-16-2004, 10:56 AM   #5
Rookie

I will try to explain this a little better. When I go into the begining of the franchise I choose a fantasy draft. Then it takes me to the teams selection page. In the past with all the games my brother and I were only allowed to take ONE team and it took that one team into the fantasy draft. I wasn't permitted to pick my team. I wanted to pick a team, my team to play, and manage, and do coaching moves with seperately. While my brother is permitted to do the same with another. Two seperate teams, run by two differnt human controlled coaches. (like Madden) Your saying that this was in last years football? If so I must have missed it because we weren't allowed to pick more than one team. Thanks for your quick response.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2004, 11:19 AM   #6
Pro

--hmmmm..hwaaah..my head hurts lol!! ok..really

i don't really know..but i experimented with the multiplayer frachise thing with a friend back in spet....he had the patriots and i had the niners....and in the menu screen..if i pushed r2 (ps2 controller) the menu would flip to the patriots..if i pushed r2 again it would flip back to my niners menu...i can't remember if we was passing one controller back n forth or using two...but when it was time to play each other we used both controllers..me against him.then we continued to our regular frachise schedule..

i'm just speaking on what i know....but i think u mean u want player one to be restricted to only messing with his team.and can't interfear with nothing of player two's at all...i really don't know..but since u put me on to this..i would love this feature...i'll go tinker with 2k4's meanue today to try and find out..also did u read the in game manual.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:11 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

solja said:
--hmmmm..hwaaah..my head hurts lol!! ok..really

i don't really know..but i experimented with the multiplayer frachise thing with a friend back in spet....he had the patriots and i had the niners....and in the menu screen..if i pushed r2 (ps2 controller) the menu would flip to the patriots..if i pushed r2 again it would flip back to my niners menu...i can't remember if we was passing one controller back n forth or using two...but when it was time to play each other we used both controllers..me against him.then we continued to our regular frachise schedule..

i'm just speaking on what i know....but i think u mean u want player one to be restricted to only messing with his team.and can't interfear with nothing of player two's at all...i really don't know..but since u put me on to this..i would love this feature...i'll go tinker with 2k4's meanue today to try and find out..also did u read the in game manual.

Thanks! That's what I mean, two differn't player's being able to only manage, and or play with their one team. In a career/franchise.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:31 PM   #8
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

goopaluchie said:
I will try to explain this a little better. When I go into the begining of the franchise I choose a fantasy draft. Then it takes me to the teams selection page. In the past with all the games my brother and I were only allowed to take ONE team and it took that one team into the fantasy draft. I wasn't permitted to pick my team. I wanted to pick a team, my team to play, and manage, and do coaching moves with seperately. While my brother is permitted to do the same with another. Two seperate teams, run by two differnt human controlled coaches. (like Madden) Your saying that this was in last years football? If so I must have missed it because we weren't allowed to pick more than one team. Thanks for your quick response.

ya, you can control all of them if you wish.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »