Home

STAT PUZZLE--yeah you'll know this! i'm dubing this the oficial name

This is a discussion on STAT PUZZLE--yeah you'll know this! i'm dubing this the oficial name within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2004, 10:22 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
STAT PUZZLE--yeah you\'ll know this! i\'m dubing this the oficial name

stat puzzle example #1---the ball is thrown and it makes contact with a cb's hands but because the wr he is defending is rated way higher..the ball passes throught and is caught by said reciever..

example #2--a rb is hit head on by a charged low rated(let's say lb) because said rb is rated in high 80-90's..no matter what situation the rb is in (even just 0.1 second into receving the ballthe defenders falls on his [censored] or slips down the rb's thighs..

example #3--when playing the c.p.u & playing a way higher rated team--the c.u.p.tries to shure a loss is handed to you..not by playing like charcters are supermen..but connecting the stat puzzle on user players--w.r. catch less balls,fumbles for no apperant reason..example # 1*2 come into play alot..4th quarter--c.p.u players get madsick! lol--meaning the bumms catch passes they never could have in the whole game--the rb's play like they are pumped with 20mlg's of liquid coke & miliatry
super soldier sirum....and triple coverage catches by c.u.p. players

there are more!!

but i knight thee---the STAT PUZZLE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2004, 10:47 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: STAT PUZZLE--yeah you\'ll know this! i\'m dubing this the oficial name

I think your looking for the Madden board
I Knight thee "Confused"
Old 05-16-2004, 10:58 AM   #3
Pro

i knight thee jack-@$$..

i've been playing 2k since 2k0..i've been playing 3k4 since september..till now..this morning!!!

i said 4th quarter not by making the players superhuman like madden..but playing the stat puzzle...it's evident in the 4th the c.p.u makes alooottt of damn pass completions..in a lot of coverage..if the team is rated way higher and u are killing them or even beating them by a small mragin..if u can't see non of the things i stated in this thread--u are either a causal nutt who loves dropping back 20 yards each play & throwing stiff arms left n right & giggle n glee over wins n shrugg off loses without noticing what went wrong.......or a huge fanboy who is blind...

another thing i donnot play MADDEN has never bought MADDEN..ever! back in the day's i played joe montana football--remember when it came with the genesis...i did give madden a chance but...it couldn't stand up to dreamcast even if it was on ps2..n now 2k is on ps2 and xbox..they are smushing the floor with es imo..execpt in sales and marketing..but in authentic and realsitic gameplay...hell yeah!!
Old 05-16-2004, 11:56 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:

solja said:
stat puzzle example #1---the ball is thrown and it makes contact with a cb's hands but because the wr he is defending is rated way higher..the ball passes throught and is caught by said reciever..

example #2--a rb is hit head on by a charged low rated(let's say lb) because said rb is rated in high 80-90's..no matter what situation the rb is in (even just 0.1 second into receving the ballthe defenders falls on his [censored] or slips down the rb's thighs..

example #3--when playing the c.p.u & playing a way higher rated team--the c.u.p.tries to shure a loss is handed to you..not by playing like charcters are supermen..but connecting the stat puzzle on user players--w.r. catch less balls,fumbles for no apperant reason..example # 1*2 come into play alot..4th quarter--c.p.u players get madsick! lol--meaning the bumms catch passes they never could have in the whole game--the rb's play like they are pumped with 20mlg's of liquid coke & miliatry
super soldier sirum....and triple coverage catches by c.u.p. players

there are more!!

but i knight thee---the STAT PUZZLE

How does that have anything to do with stats, much less a puzzle
Old 05-16-2004, 02:09 PM   #5
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

@ this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2004, 03:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

you're right
stats do way too much in this game.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:12 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:

azn_essence said:
you're right
stats do way too much in this game.

i'm glad u got it..u know what i'm saying--

those bumms ask what stats has to do with it..u see the ball passes through the cb's hands because the wr is rated high..it's the c.p.u. saying fuk no your rookie cb will block garcia-to owens those two are rated to high..fuk that the ball will get to owens even if it must pass throught your little rookie @ss.......especailly the 4th quarter pas completion..it's stats

i say stat puzzle--because the c.p.u. adds and devides the stats of the two players to give u the result..shall we say...high rated rb..who has no stamina left but breaks lb who is not tired and charged ,just because his stats is low..the whole field is a stat puzzle..nba street doesn't feel that way...the c.p.u plays hard but they never control my outcome because the c.u.p is rated high and will denie me..nba street--let's your outcome--be depended on your skills..rather than puinish you because u can't be killing such high raked rated allsatrs..2k5 does this..they punish u with fumbles n interceptions that u know isn't supposed to happen....but they go the extra mile..they just cheat in front of your eyes..with 9 broken tackles in a row when sh(t get hecktic....imagine a rb just spinning guys off 9 times..no fumbles no breaks in between
Old 05-16-2004, 09:21 PM   #8
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: STAT PUZZLE--yeah you\'ll know this! i\'m dubing this the oficial na

I actually agree with solja,

Although he may not be wording it right or putting things in the correct phrases he is RIGHT

its been in 2k for quite awhile, it doesnt really quite equate to a 4th qtr comeback code because it happens through the game.

think back to all those times where you throw the ball to your WR the DB or saftey is clearly there and swats at it, but you still catch it ( all the while youre thinking to yourself , thats B.S) or ( you throw the ball to a WR and the ball magically warps into his hands through 2 jumping/swatting Db's or safteys.,

YEP the "Im rated highee then you so your gonna suck regardless" is in 2k games, always has been always will be, unless......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »