Home

PROGRESSIVE DIRT ON UNIFORMS

This is a discussion on PROGRESSIVE DIRT ON UNIFORMS within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2004, 02:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
PROGRESSIVE DIRT ON UNIFORMS

This is not a game breaker for me but dirt on unis in the 4th quarter shows the signs of an ongoing violent struggle and lends to making the game more realistic and enjoyable. My question is..from the e3 build could anyone tell if there was PROGRESSIVE dirt accumulation on unis? You dont have to answer if you dont want to. I dont want this to become a bothersome topic in anyway..just curious is all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2004, 02:51 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: PROGRESSIVE DIRT ON UNIFORMS

Quote:

I dont want this to become a bothersome topic in anyway

then y start a new thread

it hasnt been confirmed by vc...but reps say its there...others say not

but we'll find out in the OS interview in a few months
Old 05-17-2004, 03:06 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

THEDAWG said:
This is not a game breaker for me but dirt on unis in the 4th quarter shows the signs of an ongoing violent struggle and lends to making the game more realistic and enjoyable. My question is..from the e3 build could anyone tell if there was PROGRESSIVE dirt accumulation on unis? You dont have to answer if you dont want to. I dont want this to become a bothersome topic in anyway..just curious is all.

HOW DARE YOU BRING THIS UP!!! Just kidding.

Anyhow, I don't think it was in any of the builds at all at e3, based on the impressions I've gotten from my friend.

He asked a guy who was taking questions (not sure what company he was with either VC or Sega) but he said that "they were in there last year, right?" Of course we know that last year they were in there but it was just that all of the sudden when the next quarter started, all your guys were dirty.

He really didn't have an answer about this year other than that 'he believes that it will be in there because they're adding so much stuff this year.'
Old 05-17-2004, 03:15 PM   #4
Banned

Thank you for your feedback. It seems that it just might be too soon to tell at this point. I know VC will do there best.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:47 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

The problem with 2K was the unis were diry before they hit the field in rainy games. What VC did with ESPN NFL Football was make sure they didn't start out dirty before the game like in previous versions. They got dirty like half way through the first quarter in ESPN. I'm sure this pleased some people but not all of them. I could care less either way but it did help with the realism.

I'm sure one of 2 things will happen either it will be done the same way it was in 2K4 or VC put in a better model.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2004, 07:06 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

THEDAWG said:

I fully agree with ya. It's time progressive dirt accumulation be included. There's really no excuse for it not to be in the game. Since they redid the engine, they should have redone that also.

Here's to hoping it will be in there this year.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:32 PM   #7
Rookie

<snip> There's really no excuse for it not to be in the game. Since they redid the engine, they should have redone that also. <snip>

Maybe they used the texture memory for something else. There's always an "excuse" for why something was included and something was not. Maybe normal maps take up more space, and if they did progressive dirt you'd miss out on the uniform enhancements that you've seen in the latest screenshots.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:37 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

artisanCG said:
<snip> There's really no excuse for it not to be in the game. Since they redid the engine, they should have redone that also. <snip>

Maybe they used the texture memory for something else. There's always an "excuse" for why something was included and something was not. Maybe normal maps take up more space, and if they did progressive dirt you'd miss out on the uniform enhancements that you've seen in the latest screenshots.

But since it's being built for the XBOX first, I hope progressive dirt is in there. When I see that my workhorse back is filthy at the end of the game it just adds to the realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »