Home

More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips

This is a discussion on More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2004, 11:27 AM   #33
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips

Quote:

wilk said:

That is correct. The B Button is the play all the way to the right and the y button backs you out. The y button backs you out of the audible box as well.

Good that will help me swithing back and forth from NCAA to ESPN.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:37 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

thejake said:
Videos looked pretty good. I guess i was hoping for a little more smoothness and fluidity of motion. The cut that DB made on the last interception has me optimistic. Hopefully they are still tweaking. I was also worried about the amount of defensive pressure.

It was hard to tell on the video but it looked like they were using the circle for the right most play. Thats the right button PS2. On 2k4 for xbox you had to use the Y button for the right most play which didnt make a lot of since. So my question is on the xbox, is the right most play called by pressing "b" or "y"? It would be a nice little improvement for me if they changed it to "b".

I have it on good authority (wilk) that it has been changed to "b". Because of that he said he kept pressing the wrong button and backing out of the menu.

I'm sure the reason VC made B the back button is because most Xbox menus use the B button for that purpose. After a couple games I had no issue with it but if they did change it I'll be happy.

The cheerleaders look a lot better. Did you guys see the fieldgoal net come down after the attempt?
Old 05-19-2004, 12:44 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Yeah, I noticed that. Nice touch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2004, 01:25 PM   #36
MVP

wayne23's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Badboy49er said:
Wow , i gotta say that last replay of the INT for a TD looked exactly like an ESPN replay from TV . Very impressive .

I love the striding of the defnders chasing ..they actually STRIDE !!! , sweet

Yep. Check out #84 for the Jaquars on the replay as he easily passes by his teammates in attempt to catch Irvin before he reaches the end zone. maybe with 15-20 more yards to go, he would have walked him. Good stuff man...
Old 05-19-2004, 01:58 PM   #37
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm also liking the pursuit angles that defenders are taking this year. They appear to be improved upon 2k4. Thanks Steve.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:14 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

wayne23 said:
Quote:

Badboy49er said:
Wow , i gotta say that last replay of the INT for a TD looked exactly like an ESPN replay from TV . Very impressive .

I love the striding of the defnders chasing ..they actually STRIDE !!! , sweet

Yep. Check out #84 for the Jaquars on the replay as he easily passes by his teammates in attempt to catch Irvin before he reaches the end zone. maybe with 15-20 more yards to go, he would have walked him. Good stuff man...

I noticed the same thing about #84 chasing down Irvin. His stride has an "NFL Feverish" look to it. I think that is a definite improvement...

Sliders are not (and should not be) an option for online gamers so I will keep my fingers crossed that O Lines won't be as vanilla as what the video clips show...

Now for the Graphic Whore portion of my review, I still can't stand the "standard" sock length given to every player. Also, the Jags ALL wear black cleats or black "spated" cleats. Not white. Come on VC.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:11 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 10

Did you guys ever consider the these O-lines aren't that good and the D-lines are good?

It also looks like on the last pass play whoever was controlling Vick used the QB evade button. Vick kinda ducked under the defender's grasp.

The replays do have better and more realistic angles to them.

Oh yeah and someone mentioned all the bad or dropped passes. Did anyone think that the people who were playing were Madden players and they didn't know to read the defense? Plus if they were ESPN NFL players they would've known not to drop back so far on pass plays and use the QB's automatic drop steps.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:52 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 11

I freaking loved the last video where they replayed the int for the td. The running not only has been fixed, but rivals madden for realism. Two things i didnt like- Blockers arent blocking as there are wayyy too many sacks and rushed qbs, and you still cant return punts because you are immediatly met with a defender.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »