Home

More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips

This is a discussion on More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2004, 05:04 PM   #41
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Did you guys ever consider the these O-lines aren't that good and the D-lines are good?

It also looks like on the last pass play whoever was controlling Vick used the QB evade button. Vick kinda ducked under the defender's grasp.

The replays do have better and more realistic angles to them.

Oh yeah and someone mentioned all the bad or dropped passes. Did anyone think that the people who were playing were Madden players and they didn't know to read the defense? Plus if they were ESPN NFL players they would've known not to drop back so far on pass plays and use the QB's automatic drop steps.

Some good points. My only quibble would be that the pass rush seemed to be just as quick in the Falcons-Giants clips, so I'm not sure you can say it's solely because these teams o-lines suck.

If these clips show the game on a lower difficulty level, imagine what it will be like on legend .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2004, 05:13 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

8bit said:
I freaking loved the last video where they replayed the int for the td. The running not only has been fixed, but rivals madden for realism. Two things i didnt like- Blockers arent blocking as there are wayyy too many sacks and rushed qbs, and you still cant return punts because you are immediatly met with a defender.

You think it RIVALS Madden. I think it SURPASSES Madden. Madden's running looks good... but it also looks hand-drawn. And the players don't tuck the ball in when they run--- their arms are out to the side too much not securing the ball. Like if they were running WITHOUT a ball. Both of their arms swing the same amount. That's not right either.

The arm holding the ball shouldn't swing as much.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:18 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

8bit said:
I freaking loved the last video where they replayed the int for the td. The running not only has been fixed, but rivals madden for realism. Two things i didnt like- Blockers arent blocking as there are wayyy too many sacks and rushed qbs, and you still cant return punts because you are immediatly met with a defender.

You think it RIVALS Madden. I think it SURPASSES Madden. Madden's running looks good... but it also looks hand-drawn. And the players don't tuck the ball in when they run--- their arms are out to the side too much not securing the ball. Like if they were running WITHOUT a ball. Both of their arms swing the same amount. That's not right either.

The arm holding the ball shouldn't swing as much.

Im talking about the leg movement.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:27 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 4

i only got to see one video since i have those 56k modems no one uses any more...the one with the GIANTS qb getting sacked

MY REACTIONS--i was in shock at how reall the game looked when he was getting up from off the ground..never has a sports game come so close to looking like a mirror image of t.v...it looked like a final fantasy fmv..

but the arm lenght seemed to take the image down a bit..if they had the arm lenght right it would give off the whole realistic image...i give that as the only thing keeping it from looking hyper realsitic.....
Old 05-19-2004, 06:35 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 15

I just hope this lackluster o-line play doesn't make it to the final build. The excessive pass rush in these vids could be just as damaging as the broken tackles and horrible pursuit that was in 2k4. Culpepper couldn't even finish his 5 step drop in one of the vids.

I'm banking that VC will polish this issue along with the pursuit logic before this game is shipped. There are always going to be little glitches but they (VC) should know from last years issues that, what was shown in these videos can eventually be overly abused in human vs. human games and eventually take away from the overall eXperience.....

In other words don't ship this games with major glitches this year VC! i would hate to wait a whole year just to get something like o-line pass blocking or broken tackles fixed just like last year. They have time, they just need to filter out all majors glithes (if there r any) before release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2004, 06:54 PM   #46
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

edubbs said:
I just hope this lackluster o-line play doesn't make it to the final build. The excessive pass rush in these vids could be just as damaging as the broken tackles and horrible pursuit that was in 2k4. Culpepper couldn't even finish his 5 step drop in one of the vids.

I'm banking that VC will polish this issue along with the pursuit logic before this game is shipped. There are always going to be little glitches but they (VC) should know from last years issues that, what was shown in these videos can eventually be overly abused in human vs. human games and eventually take away from the overall eXperience.....

In other words don't ship this games with major glitches this year VC! i would hate to wait a whole year just to get something like o-line pass blocking or broken tackles fixed just like last year. They have time, they just need to filter out all majors glithes (if there r any) before release.

Even if it wasn't fixed, there are sliders to fix that.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:58 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 15

Sliders don't effect online games...
Old 05-19-2004, 06:59 PM   #48
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

edubbs said:
Sliders don't effect online games...

Ok. I don't play online so that isn't a factor for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »