Home

ESPNVIDEO GAMES REP DENIES RUMOR!!!

This is a discussion on ESPNVIDEO GAMES REP DENIES RUMOR!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 01:18 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
ESPNVIDEO GAMES REP DENIES RUMOR!!!

Gamespot is now reporting that a rep at ESPNVIDOGAMES.COM called the NFLPA to confirm rumor and that only a normal license deal was in play. What will be next???????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2004, 01:30 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: ESPNVIDEO GAMES REP DENIES RUMOR!!!

two countries fighting for power...never seen this before
Old 05-19-2004, 01:42 AM   #3
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

LIGHTNING said:
Gamespot is now reporting that a rep at ESPNVIDOGAMES.COM called the NFLPA to confirm rumor and that only a normal license deal was in play. What will be next???????

OMG, some guy on this site said he called the NFLPA and pretended to represent espnvideogames.com to get info.

LMFAO if thats who they're talking about.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:47 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 18

Old 05-19-2004, 01:58 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Quote:

LIGHTNING said:

OMG, some guy on this site said he called the NFLPA and pretended to represent espnvideogames.com to get info.

NOT that guy!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2004, 02:22 AM   #6
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

LIGHTNING said:
Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Quote:

LIGHTNING said:

NOT that guy!!

See...I told you guys I called. And Clay the OS Mod, thanks for locking that thread and not believing. I told you that Clay Walker called me back and told me that the deal was for "normal" rights. The same deal EA has had for 10 years.

I did not represent myself. I told them I represented espnvideogames.com ....and I do because I'm a member and noone else had the balls to call and end the suffering. I told the operator that and that I wanted to speak to the person in charge of negotiating license deals. She then passed me on the Ms. Lawson who VERY QUICKLY denied any such deal and said that the Sports Journal had mis-stated and has since removed the story from thier web-site. ESPN however had already went to print and could not do anything about it except print a retraction on the web-site which they did.

Ya know...it amazes me...a guy takes the intiative, spends a few minutes to help us all sleep easier and all I got on the other thread were a bunch of whiners flaming me for not having a life and being a liar! THIS IS JUST AS IMPORTANT TO ALOT OF PEOPLE. We all spend ALOT of time gaming and this would have not only been a historic deal (that's why it got reported so quickly without it being confirmed) and it would have KILLED every other football title out there.

Well I've been vinticated and I'm happy EA isn't messin with the great competition. It gonna be a great year for football video games.

thx for letting me rant...PEACE
Old 05-19-2004, 03:16 AM   #7
MVP

RahKhem's Arena

OVR: 11

Dawg, ESPNVideogames would NEVER admit that this was true. Do you think the NFL and EA would just let Sega know everything that was going on? C'mon man....
Old 05-19-2004, 03:21 AM   #8
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4

I dont think it's true. I'm praying it's not true!!!

My point was...I was telling they truth and someone confirmed it...and IM PRAYING THIS DEAL DOESNT GO THROUGH!!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »