Home

Old 05-19-2004, 01:37 AM   #1
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
O-Line

Last year, every 4 snaps or so the OT would allow an end to get around the corner completely untouched. I see that this is still in full effect. In the newest movies, every 3-4 snaps an end comes absolutely free. A end should never get this free unless the O-line scheme was blown. That happens in real life, but only once or twice per game.

Hope they fix that

Also, the arms are still too short. The screenies make it seem like they fixed that, but the videos clearly still show gator-itis. No biggie for me, but I still hpoe they fix that also. Maybe those movies were on the PS2, and using the 2k4 engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2004, 01:42 AM   #2
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: O-Line

The D-Line > O-Line factor DOES bother me, but I'm not getting too miffed by it. I plan to fix it with sliders if the problem is not resolved. And the arms being "too short" -- doesn't bother me at all. Hell, I don't even think they are that short.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:45 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

nba 2k morphing into live

espn morphing into...
Old 05-19-2004, 01:52 AM   #4
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

Flyboy said:
The D-Line > O-Line factor DOES bother me, but I'm not getting too miffed by it. I plan to fix it with sliders if the problem is not resolved. And the arms being "too short" -- doesn't bother me at all. Hell, I don't even think they are that short.

I seriously doubt they'll release the game without addressing it, so i'm not too worried either, but if they do...the only way you could adjust it without making the entire O-line too powerful is to edit the attributes of either all the DE's or all the OT's. I am PRAYING that I don't have to do this. I also agree witcha' on the arm issue, its not a huge deal for me, but I still hope the XBOX versiion is better.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:58 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

I don't think the arms are too short but I have a problem with the helmet/face mask though. Also everyone has big eyes with small dotty pupils. Like everyone's on drugs.

Overall, this stuff does little to ruin the experience.
#1 beef. Fix the sim stats and everything will be perfect in my world, since I love playing franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2004, 02:15 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

maybe the a.i. was on rookie
Old 05-19-2004, 08:55 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I cannot say I'm too bothered from the Dline play after the debacle it was last year vs the run. They do need to address DE's and no name DT's playing like all stars against Pro Bowl offensive linemen though.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:04 AM   #8
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Last year, every 4 snaps or so the OT would allow an end to get around the corner completely untouched. I see that this is still in full effect. In the newest movies, every 3-4 snaps an end comes absolutely free. A end should never get this free unless the O-line scheme was blown. That happens in real life, but only once or twice per game.

Hope they fix that

Also, the arms are still too short. The screenies make it seem like they fixed that, but the videos clearly still show gator-itis. No biggie for me, but I still hpoe they fix that also. Maybe those movies were on the PS2, and using the 2k4 engine.

i totally agree with this...they should at least fight a bit and then the DL win the battle, but not ust...OL ohhh u have to get a sack now, ok, go..and let the Dl get without being touched.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »