Home

after watching the last 3 videos....they really got it this year.

This is a discussion on after watching the last 3 videos....they really got it this year. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2004, 02:28 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: after watching the last 3 videos....they really got it this year.

Quote:

BrianDubau said:
I don't know about you guys, but I can't tell ANYTHING from these videos. They are such a low resolution that I can just make out the players. I think it's amazing that people can make all of these conclusions on these ultra-low res videos...... Or maybe it's just me :-)

Watch video #60. Watch Bennett run after he catches the ball, then check out the shape of his helmet.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:20 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8

there's one video where the o-lineman is signalling for a timeout. he looks like j-lo with a carrot stuck up his big butt. cracks me up.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:17 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

RahKhem said:
Yeah man, owning Madden and ESPN last year, even though ESPN was the better playing game in my opinion, it just didn't get around everything to make it exceedingly better. There some instances where you were like, "Ya know, this is definitely done better in Madden". But if they ironed those out and came strong with the new stuff, it should be a clean win.

True.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2004, 11:44 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 9

(Response to Original Post)

I just got done seeing the videos too. Thanks to OS for posting them!

Though they are low-resolution, I can definitely tell that the animations are smoother and more realistic. I am not crazy about the QB dropping back over ten yards every play, but I am sure the tweaking of the pocket will be improved over the next couple of months before release.

My biggest complaint is WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR POST-GAME CELEBRATIONS!#@!!!!! The damned game ended EXACTLY the way it did last year! Why didn't Sega give us a new end of game cut-scene? If I am going to get a cut-scene of some dude throwing peanuts around during a game, I should DEFINITELY get a new post-game celebration animation. Especially in a game like this where the Vikings won it in such a dramatic fashion. A 90+ Pick for the TD! The Vikings should have been clearing the bench with their helmets in the air celebrating! I do hope that this old post-game animation is yanked between now and August, and then replaced with an entirely new menu of post-game celebrations. It's not too late Sega!
Old 05-20-2004, 12:26 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
(Response to Original Post)

I just got done seeing the videos too. Thanks to OS for posting them!

Though they are low-resolution, I can definitely tell that the animations are smoother and more realistic. I am not crazy about the QB dropping back over ten yards every play, but I am sure the tweaking of the pocket will be improved over the next couple of months before release.

My biggest complaint is WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR POST-GAME CELEBRATIONS!#@!!!!! The damned game ended EXACTLY the way it did last year! Why didn't Sega give us a new end of game cut-scene? If I am going to get a cut-scene of some dude throwing peanuts around during a game, I should DEFINITELY get a new post-game celebration animation. Especially in a game like this where the Vikings won it in such a dramatic fashion. A 90+ Pick for the TD! The Vikings should have been clearing the bench with their helmets in the air celebrating! I do hope that this old post-game animation is yanked between now and August, and then replaced with an entirely new menu of post-game celebrations. It's not too late Sega!

C'mon, Vader, you know that they're gonna have post game interviews with the Player of the Game and the fans cheering in the background, according to IGN's blowout.

It was just the e3 build of the game, without all the cutscenes.

Though even in the final build, I doubt (BUT HOPE I'M WRONG) that there will be different postgame reactions based on the NATURE of the win, i.e. how dramatic it was.

Though it shouldn't be too difficult to do that. All they would need is to have two or three different scenes for a list of outcomes.

Last sec FG win
Last sec FG loss
Last sec TD win
Last sec TD loss...
Old 05-20-2004, 01:54 PM   #14
Banned

Man I hope you are right goober. I hope Sega is concealing them as a surprise for the release. I can tell you if they just repeat what they did last year, I will be one of many gamers skipping right past them. Been there…done that. Show me something new.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:04 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

That pick at the end of the game would make the highlight reel of the espn weekly wrap up.Berman..."He...could...go...all...the...way!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2004, 02:58 PM   #16
Banned

You would think so, huh? I guess we just need to keep our fingers crossed that situations like this, (Picks to win the game, last-second game-winning field goals, last-second drives for a game-winning touchdown and even fumbles that cost you the game.) are identified by the AI in order to boot it up for the post-game wrap-up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »