Home

2 More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips

This is a discussion on 2 More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2004, 07:21 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: 2 More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips

Hmmm...while I like that the running animation has changed, change of direction still seems a little jerky to me. Still looking forward to what should be a great game regardless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2004, 07:35 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 15

I wonder what happened to the 7 step drop back plays that were in 2k3? The playbooks from these early builds seem to be pretty much the same as 2k4? I hope u don't have to use HOT ROUTES or use play action to be able to throw fly patterns without having d-lineman in your fast almost immediately.... 2K3 had a nice amount of 7 step drop plays for most playbooks but, they were taken out last year....Resulting in the cpu never throwing deep and limiting the deep ball ATTEMPT in human vs. human games.

It seems that the protection this year will automatically break down if the user decides to change the pre snap drop back to a deeper drop, and i would just like to have the OPTION of deeper drop back plays like we once had. I prefer using the assigned drop back for the play being called but, the user shouldn't be limited to just 3 and 5 step drops. NFL playbooks include just as many 7 step drop plays and VC needs to incorporate them appropriately.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:35 PM   #67
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Aaenuel said:
Hmmm...while I like that the running animation has changed, change of direction still seems a little jerky to me. Still looking forward to what should be a great game regardless.

agree,the change of direction still seems jerky for me. but i won`t expect more improvment on this area..so i guess i should get used to it.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:38 PM   #68
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

booker21 said:
Quote:

Aaenuel said:

agree,the change of direction still seems jerky for me. but i won`t expect more improvment on this area..so i guess i should get used to it.

it's possible that the 90 degree type turns won't have the animation needed to make it look realistic AND the turning when you're not running full speed or close to it may still look funny which is disappointing. but they most definitely are still working on the animations and there are transition animations that will be in the game that weren't in the e3 build so we may end up very happy... or maybe just a little happier. we'll have to wait and see.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:17 AM   #69
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

wwharton said:
Quote:

booker21 said:
Quote:

Aaenuel said:

it's possible that the 90 degree type turns won't have the animation needed to make it look realistic AND the turning when you're not running full speed or close to it may still look funny which is disappointing. but they most definitely are still working on the animations and there are transition animations that will be in the game that weren't in the e3 build so we may end up very happy... or maybe just a little happier. we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah whart. I think some anims are still being written in. I think the next crop of post-e3 footage we see will reveal some better runnin animations.

While we're talking about running anims based on the vids...I dunno about anybody else but...the sprinting anims look a lil....strange...like the guys are high stepping. I don't wanna nitpick but its something that's kinda stood out to me personally in regards to the new running animations. I'm probably alone on this one though. BTW, I'm referring to players without the ball. The sprinting anim for players with the ball pretty much the same as last yr.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:09 AM   #70
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

wwharton said:
Quote:

booker21 said:
Quote:

Aaenuel said:

Yeah whart. I think some anims are still being written in. I think the next crop of post-e3 footage we see will reveal some better runnin animations.

While we're talking about running anims based on the vids...I dunno about anybody else but...the sprinting anims look a lil....strange...like the guys are high stepping. I don't wanna nitpick but its something that's kinda stood out to me personally in regards to the new running animations. I'm probably alone on this one though. BTW, I'm referring to players without the ball. The sprinting anim for players with the ball pretty much the same as last yr.

The animation for players sprinting withpout the ball seems to have been taken directly from NFL Fever. I have no problem with it because I think it is an improvement. It, at least, shows a stride.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:05 PM   #71
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

I thought the same thing at first , but but it is an improvement at least . I mean the stride is a lil strange , but at least they do look like they are sprinting .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2004, 12:47 PM   #72
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:

njskillz said:
The animation for players sprinting withpout the ball seems to have been taken directly from NFL Fever. I have no problem with it because I think it is an improvement. It, at least, shows a stride.

Thats true. It is definitely an improvement. Just looked a lil odd to me thats all...probably because of the quality of the vid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »