Home

The only thing I'm disliking about the game is the...

This is a discussion on The only thing I'm disliking about the game is the... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2004, 08:19 AM   #1
MVP

Venom_2K's Arena

OVR: 7
The only thing I\'m disliking about the game is the...

celebrity crib thing. I just don't like that at all. They don't need celebrities calling you or however it works. I know that I read about that during E3. So if anyone could tell me what exactly that is AND tell me how it fits in the game, maybe I'll understand it more than I do now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2004, 08:24 AM   #2
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: The only thing I\'m disliking about the game is the...

Pretty much B-list celebrities (Carmen Electra, Steve-o... that's all off the top of my head) challenge you to a game of football by calling you in your Crib. I believe that's the gist of it. It's some fluff and something I'll never use, but I'm sure there are people out there that will.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:39 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm not 100% either on what this is all about. But, I came away from the articles I read that it was a fancy way to highlight the VIP system. Each celebrity designed a team and VC paired it with a profile. Not a terrible concept, but it would be more compelling if they would have used NFL players or possibly coaches.

Out of all the coverage we've gotten the only thing I'm concerned about is the 'Sunday Night Football' titles between plays. Its a great addition if its used for the appropriate games. If VC has used it for every game during the season it will hurt the overall presentation.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:44 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

I never even used the Cribs feature last year so it doesn't bother me one bit.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:54 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

BigBadB said:…it would be more compelling if they would have used NFL players or possibly coaches.

I agree. Especially coaches. How cool would it be to have Bill Walsh give you a ring and challenge you to a game? The winner gets a new, playable pinball machine in their Crib! It definitely would be more of a challenge and more involved if a real NFL mind had a hand in challenging you to a game. Especially if you are having a kick-[censored] season and the mystery coach feels you are WORTHY of a game challenge!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2004, 10:16 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Quote:

BigBadB said:…it would be more compelling if they would have used NFL players or possibly coaches.

I agree. Especially coaches. How cool would it be to have Bill Walsh give you a ring and challenge you to a game?

Now this is something I might have been interested in, Walsh calls you up to play against his all time 49ers team, or Virtual Lombardi gives you a ring to take on his AT Packers. I totally understand why they are doing what they are doing, but I think this would have gone over better with the majority of the football fanatics rather than C-List celebs.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:22 AM   #7
Pro

doesn't bother me....but i would have rathere'd licensed music instead....a little bit of every genre.especially LIL FLIP'S-game over! but i think madden will have that song in this year..
Old 05-24-2004, 10:29 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:

solja said:
doesn't bother me....but i would have rathere'd licensed music instead....a little bit of every genre.especially LIL FLIP'S-game over! but i think madden will have that song in this year..

With the custom soundtrack feature, you can have any song you want

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »